Gateway 15.6-inch Laptop Celeron B800 1.50GHz | NV57H50U

Gateway 15.6-inch Laptop Celeron B800 1.50GHz | NV57H50UI have just bought this notebook. It seems to work ok, I would definitely go ahead and purchase an 8GB RAM upgrade as it seems to bog down easily. An 8GB upgrade is only around $50. The speakers aren't the best but they will do. This is a cheap notebook and you do get what you pay for but it is definitely good for someone like me on a small budget. The main reason I wanted to make this review is to say that I purchased it from Best Buy for $279.99, right at $300 with tax. So definitely shop around for price. They didn't have it on display at the time either but I checked their website and said it was in stock at that store so I went in and asked for it and they had 11 of them. So even if they don't have it on display check the site or just ask (give them the SKU number).

I bought 4 of these at Best Buy for $279 just around $300 with taxes for our office training room. I have not upgraded the RAM but will likely do so to 4GB as that is enough for what we are using these pc's for. I would give it 4.5 stars if there was an option but gave it 5 instead. To be honest this thing at 4gb would do 99% of what the average mom and pop or home user would use it for.

I have stripped off the Norton and Best buy applications that were preinstalled and it runs reasonably fast for the processor. I watched a 720p streaming movie via Veetle.com on it with no problems just to test out the video and streaming capabilities.

Windows office 2007 runs fine on the machine and I have also installed Open office with little or no slowing down. I have opened several applications at the same time while streaming music on sky.fm and had no performance issues with the pc.

For $300 with tax this is a solid buy for anyone on a budget who wants a nice large screen laptop that is a bit big and bulky and can be enjoyed for use around the house or in a basic office environment.

If I have any further updates I will post a followup post.

Buy Gateway 15.6-inch Laptop Celeron B800 1.50GHz | NV57H50U Now

I bought this computer Gateway NV57H50U Laptop / Intel Celeron B800/ 15.6" Display / 2GB Memory Black about 3 days ago and I love it!!! It's waaaaaay better than the old Dell (2007) that I already had. This laptop is pretty entry level but it has ALL the bells & whistles necessary for today's modern society. BTW, I only paid $279 at Best buy. The speed is excellent in comparison to my 60GB Hard drive Dell, but I will be upgrading the RAM to 8GB as well as another customer said. Mine isn't "laggy" as they put it, but hey, why not! It has a dedicated number pad (which I totally love) and it also has an HDMI port which is perfect when u download a movie and you don't want to wait for it to burn! Hope this review helps someone.

Read Best Reviews of Gateway 15.6-inch Laptop Celeron B800 1.50GHz | NV57H50U Here

This is the best. This laptop was under 250 and the specs are better than my windows 7 pc which cost 600+. To be fair I bought the pc when windows 7 first came out so realistically the price would be around 500 down.

Want Gateway 15.6-inch Laptop Celeron B800 1.50GHz | NV57H50U Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment