Toshiba 15.6" Satellite C655-S5225 Intel Laptop

Toshiba 15.6' Satellite C655-S5225 Intel LaptopHate it. The trackpad is rough, like cat's tongue, and the cursor does not move smoothly in drag-and-drop. Other laptops, even Toshiba models, offer smoother function. Try the Solitaire (which MSFT has messed up w/ over-design). Like most laptops now, the ports and CD/DVD drive are all on the sides. Add this space-destroyer to the additional width necessary for the numbers pad at the right (duplicating the numbers at the top of the keyboard) and you have little room for papers, binders, etc., and it's easy to dislodge, bump a device. I'm told that motel safes do not accommodate the 15" and over laptops. In addition, the keypad (esp. the trackpad) is off-center so it's easy to hit number keys instead of the key you want. I bought this item at Best Buy b/c $349.99 was such a good price for 4GB memory (not expandable), 320GB HDD. Amazon, Fry's and NewEgg give you 30 days to discover the kinks. Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot give only 14 days -NOT enough. What I learned: buy from shops w/ 30-day return policies.

I bought this computer from Best Buy in late October for my mother who does very limited and basic processing and computing. She likes to find stuff online and look for ads for garage sales, so she was not utilizing everything the computer can do. For christmas she asked for a Kindle Fire so she gave me the laptop as a trade-off. So far, I absolutely love this laptop. I should start off by saying that I don't mind that it is slightly larger than a lot of other laptops that are trying to be slim and lightweight. It is still light for the size of it but having the 15.6" screen is great when watching videos and movies on it. The processor is plenty fast enough for my computing needs, such as basic word processing and multiple online searching and web browsing. It downloads everything I need very quickly and runs movies and windows media player without a hiccup. Viewing 1080p or 720p movies or youtube vidoes is very smooth and look great on the screen! The graphics card doesn't skip and runs flawlessly as well. Again, I am not a huge processor hog and don't play to many video games on it, but I do watch plenty of youtube video's while searching the web and also try to stream football or hockey games using ESPN 3 or other websites and it runs those extremely well. The only real complaint is that it only has 2 USB 2.0 ports and no HDMI output. It does have a webcam for Skype etc., and the number pad on the far right hand side. I actually thought I would hate this part, and I did when first using the computer but when I had to fill in information on websites or for any type of accounting information, the number pad actually came in very handy. I really enjoy this computer for a basic laptop with good features for a basic to medium user. My girlfriends mother also got a Toshiba Satellite but it was a different version and it came as a glossy silver finish. A couple of notes on this difference. First, the mouse pad is harder to find because the glossy finish blends in with the finish of the mouse track pad so it is hard to know when your actually touching the pad or the computer case. Secondly, she has had some issues with the battery and the WI-FI connection cutting in and out. It is only on that specific version of the Satellite series but it was a major annoyance when the battery would cut out and you have it plugged in! It would also not properly connect to the internet via wi-fi so it would cut in and out because of the same battery issue. I have no issues with any of that on the S5225 version and the matt black finish is nice because you don't see every little fingerprint on the case. It is a great value for what I need and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality, but cheaply priced laptop.

Buy Toshiba 15.6" Satellite C655-S5225 Intel Laptop Now

I absoulutely love my Toshiba 15.6" Satellite C655-S5225 Intel Laptop! I have recommended it to friends & family that are looking to buy new laptops.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba 15.6" Satellite C655-S5225 Intel Laptop Here

do not buy this computer. My friend and I both have the same laptop and both of us had the hinge break. This laptop is poorly designed. It is big and bulky. Once the hinge breaks it is pretty useless and difficult to fix

I will not buy a toshiba again

Want Toshiba 15.6" Satellite C655-S5225 Intel Laptop Discount?

I bought one for mom and she loves it. It's fast and the screen is a good size. Overall, not a bad laptop for the price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment