Toshiba Qosmio X775-Q7380 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Fusion X2 Finish in Red Horizon

Toshiba Qosmio X775-Q7380 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Fusion X2 Finish in Red HorizonThe first thing I noticed after setting up this laptop is its weight. At a whopping 7.5 pounds, you really notice its weight when it's sitting on your lap. I wasn't sure I was ever going to get used to it, but it seems better now. I should say that I had recently returned an HP DV7-6199 laptop because of a hardware issue, so I'm in a position of comparing the two, since their prices are comparable. The DV7 that I ordered had an i7 quad core. This has an i5 dual core. On Novabench's benchmark test, the CPU on the Toshiba still scored in the low "high-end" range. So it's plenty fast for most applications. I don't do any gaming, so I can't comment on how it performs on those tasks. Both video cards scored the same. This machine only has 6Gb of RAM while the HP had 8 Gb. I think the main differences are going to come down to features.

The Toshiba has a back-lit keyboard. This is nice at night when you are typing in a dark room. The HP keyboard is hard to see unless the room is brightly lit. The Toshiba also has amazing sound for a laptop. I thought it was even better than what I was getting through my headphones. I also like the fact that you can easily turn off the touchpad on the Toshiba. I was having the "cursor jumping around" problem on the HP, which might be related to the touchpad. The function button features can be changed via an on-screen display and your mouse/touchpad. That's a real nice feature. But there are also shortcut keys for sound +/-, wireless, etc. too. I'd also have to give a slight nod to the Toshiba on graphics. Crisp and clear and bright. The only thing that I wish was that it would have a greater range for dimming. It doesn't get as dim as I'd like, especially at night. This only has a standard DVD drive while the HP has a blu-ray player. It's not a feature I would use, so it's not a big deal to me.

The Toshiba's power supply is quite large, but the cord is pretty long. However, the power connector could come loose over time. It's OK now, but I worry about the future. It's a big multiple-prong connector that doesn't have great depth. (Take a hint from MacBook, people)

I think as far as performance, the HP scores higher, but I think the Toshiba scores higher on features.

Pros:

Great graphics

Great sound

Features: back-lit keyboard/on-screen controls/quiet keyboard

Cons:

Weight

Industrial sized power supply

Power connector may come loose over time

No blu-ray player

Could be more streamlined

Short battery life

EDIT: OK, so it's day three now. Now that I'm getting used to the Toshiba's features, I'm really starting to like it. Higher end models have 3D capabilities, although the Toshiba DVD player that comes with this model apparently has the ability to create a pseudo 3D from 2D DVD's on the fly. I haven't tried it yet, though. I barely notice the weight now. I enjoy watching Netflix from the nice screen size. The other thing I didn't like about the HP was its cold metal body. It wasn't too appealing to rest your hands on it after it had cooled off.

I was worried about buying a laptop over the internet. But to buy one with these specs at such a great price it was a no brainer. Yes, you can find it elsewhere for about the same price, but the key difference for me was that not only was I buying a great product to start with, but also having the peace of mind of doing it through Amazon. On top of that to have a laptop with a Nvidia GTX560 in it is already pretty amazing. Im a huge gamer and this beast of acomputer has handled eveything Ive thrown at it. I am very pleased with it so far. The only thing I didnt like was that it only came with 6 Gbs of RAM when the norm is 8 Gbs for gaming. No big deal though cause if you purchase this register it and write a review for it for them they give you a 10% cupon code for use on their website. I used that to purchase a 4Gbs stick for it. Besides that, this thing is amazing. If you looking for a new gaming laptop, this one is amazing for the price.

Buy Toshiba Qosmio X775-Q7380 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Fusion X2 Finish in Red Horizon Now

Love this laptop. This is my first laptop and I got it as a replacement for my aging desktop... To upgrade would've required a whole new build and I figured I'd go for the mobility.

First, I love how this computer's designed. The keyboard is silky smooth to write with, and as a speed typist this comes in very handy. Also, the backlighting on the keyboard is pretty sweet, and red's one of my favorite colors.

I shopped around for a bit but decided to get this one because of the larger screen size. I'm and avid gamer and I've been Skyrim-ing it up on this thing. Ultra high everything, etc. with high fps.

I like how the ventilation is designed also, as all of the heat from the GPU during gaming shoots out of a side vent and not onto your lap at all. If you're in a recliner like I am though it can hit the arm of the chair and start to heat up that area, but a quick butt adjustment fixes this.

The GPU in this notebook is on the high end scale of mobile GPUs at the moment, and it gets hot. The ventilation is nice but I am starting to look for a good cooler that I can adjust the fans to the back left of the laptop bottom, since this is where the GPU and fan vent are.

The screen is 720p and not 1080p like some of the nicer screens on laptops in this price range, which does kinda suck. However, the wide display still looks very, very nice, and images are very crisp. One thing that does suck about the screen however is that it's hard to get an even color on the entire screen at once. For instance, if you want the perfect picture on the top of the screen and tilt it so it looks nice, the bottom will suffer as a result, and vice versa. This kind of sucks but if you're using it for awhile you don't really notice it as much.

All in all, a great laptop and I am very happy with my purchase. Especially since my Asus I ordered first arrived with a dysfunctional screen.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Qosmio X775-Q7380 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Fusion X2 Finish in Red Horizon Here

I had been looking at all the gaming laptops around and $1200 is fairly standard for a solid Nvidia 560 machine. The processor, though only dual core, will still be more than adequate for any game. Very few games use four cores and if you're not doing serious multitasking the dual cores will be more than enough.

I have been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic on it and it does as well as my hardcore gaming desktop with that game with all the graphics turned to max. Older games like WOW wouldn't be problematic at all. Skyrim, I understand, has an ultra high setting that will cause a low framerate on this video card.

I cannot think of any complaints. The screen is HD, anything 768i or higher is HD, this one is 1600x900. It's heavy as well, but it is big enough to make the weight worth it. This is a desktop replacement laptop. I wouldn't want to be carrying this around school, but for around the house is fine.

It is hot when running high end graphics, but not burning hot. On the bright side, in winter, it may be able to heat a small bedroom.

The keyboard is unusual, slick keys without the usual bevel. It's a good size for typing. The sound is good as well.

The battery life is better than I'd expect from this size. I watched two hours of a DVD and still had battery time to spare.

If the primary use of a laptop is to watch movies, this is not the laptop for you. If you want to be able to play any game, anywhere, this is a good buy.

It has a good look to it, very distinctive. The downside is that customizable decal covers won't work with the textured shell. I don't use those. I don't mind being stuck with the default shell look.

The keyboard can be set to light up when keys are pressed or not.

It does come with less than the usual amount of bloatware and I didn't have to remove more than a handful of programs. There are a few Norton utilities that can be slightly annoying.

Want Toshiba Qosmio X775-Q7380 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Fusion X2 Finish in Red Horizon Discount?

Fix this price cause my own laptop is worth 2.5k usd. and this barely scratches the price equipmentif someone could fix this item's price please do so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment