HP g7-1070us Notebook PC - Silver

HP g7-1070us Notebook PC - SilverI purchased this laptop two days ago at Staples after returning another brand that I probably shouldn't have bought in the first place. I've always choose to buy HP because I'm comfortable with the functionality of the brand. This however is a step up from my 15.4" that I use on occasion. There's lots to love about this machine like the price for starters and the keyboard is very nicely designed and user friendly if you're not accustom to braille keys.

Obviously no machine is perfectly made, so here's a few of my pros and cons about the G7.

Pros: Beautiful 17.3" screen, the color literally jumps off the screen which makes watching movies and videos a blast.

Cons: If you're use to having the option of managing your touch pad from the keyboard section, be advised that this model doesn't have that option. The only way to do so would be through Device Manager. And oh there's a little circle thing on the touch pad, if you press it the touch pad is disabled but very pointless since you can't hold it and type.

Pros: I like to listen to music while working out, so it was very important to have something that didn't muffle when turned up to a high decibel which this machine definitely doesn't do. It's clear and clean and very easy to hear.

Overall as I said before this is a wonderful machine and a great buy. Couldn't ask for anything better for the price. Recommend to all those that are in the market for a great item.

I had a Dell Latitude D610 from college that just died a couple of months ago after 6 years. I spent two weeks researching different laptops and eventually settled for the HP G72-B66US 17.3" Laptop until I went to a local store and found out the last one was sold! The sales rep suggested this 2011 model, which has very similar specs and replaces the 2010 HP G72-B66US 17.3" Laptop. I was skeptical about making the purchase, especially since this was not part of my research.

However, not only was it cheaper than the previous model, but it's also a huge improvement from the 2010 model. How so? The touch pad is not hard to use: the clicks are easy to push down, scrolling is easy with two fingers, and you can zoom in or out. I had always used a mouse b/c I'm not a huge touchpad fan, but this touchpad is great. The exterior has a nice glossy finish vs. the 2010 model which looked like a cheap plastic exterior. Everything else seems to be just like the way the 2010 model is described.

The only con is a relatively short battery life (2.5-3 hours), but compared to my old laptop where the battery lasted under an hour this is great! The fan is on the side of the computer, so you don't have to worry about your lap burning or that you'll get cancer down there (lol). This laptop is quiet and starts up easily and quickly.

Considering how big this laptop is, 6 pounds feels like nothing. It's lighter than smaller models that are a few years older. Speakers are average in quality, but can be turned up loud! And for laptops speakers, they are pretty good. Overall, I'm very happy with this model and would recommend it to someone who likes movies, youtube, sports, photography, some gaming, music, recording software, business organization, etc.

Feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Buy HP g7-1070us Notebook PC - Silver Now

After owning this laptop for a couple of months now, I feel safe in saying that this is an excellent computer that I am glad that I have. The price of this computer is another key aspect that makes this computer such an excellent deal. I have long been a user of HP computers; therefore, I think that I'm fairly qualified to attest to their reliability. If they were not reliable, I would not continue to purchase them.

Now to the HP g7 specifically. One of the first things to catch my eye, besides the price, was the Intel Core i3 CPU. I had always owned HP's with AMD processors as they seemed to be a little more affordable; however, this laptop had the same affordable price with an Intel processor. This interested me greatly as I had always heard of Intel's great reputation for their fine processors. Plus this processor is rated at around 2.5 GHz while most of my AMD's on laptops had been just below 2.0 GHz. So, I admit that I had phenomenal expectations for the speed and power of this computer. I'm sad to report that those expectations were not met by the Intel Core i3. This is only one of the negatives that I must state. To be fair though, it was a matter of expectations and not actual performance. The Intel processor does a fine job of handling any tasks that I throw it's way, I guess I was expecting a little more from Intel based on their reputation. So it is now my experience that the AMD processors are extremely comparable to the Intel processors in the HP's that I have owned. I guess that I should have known that since I have always had really good performance from my AMD processors. I say all of this to give an open and honest view of my experience with this computer. I say all of this not too necessarily sway anyone away from this laptop, but I say this in case others have heard of the Intel reputation over AMD's. Regarding this matter, I will restate that this processor has taken everything that I have thrown at it. An example of this is that I have on more than one occasion had image manipulation programs open along with Firefox 4.0 with about a dozen tabs open with graphic websites with Windows file handling programs open along with other media (iTunes) playing all at the same time. The Intel processor and 4 GBs of RAM handled all of this just fine.

Speaking of some of these other specs, the 4GBs of RAM is nice at this price range in my opinion. I also like the 500GBs Hard Drive. That is plenty of room even for someone like me who downloads lots of Amazon mp3s and takes and stores lots of pictures. I have found the Bluetooth feature to be useful with my smartphone. It is also my opinion that the screen really pops. It is a good size screen for a laptop with really good color in my opinion. Also in my opinion, the specs and feature set are really nice for this price range.

If you have not had Windows 7 yet, I have found it to be stable. Admittedly, I don't see too much difference from Vista. I am glad to have the latest version of Windows for all of the latest drivers and such. Just an FYI, Windows 7 is now up to SP 1. I'm not sure if that will be pre-installed on the computer or if you will have to download it. The laptop does have the Home Premium version of Windows 7. I consider this a must as the Home Premium comes ready for networking and much media usage in addition to the standards of Windows.

Lastly, this has been a solid performer for me in the couple of months that I have owned it. I have been really pleased with the price point. Since this laptop can be found at different price ranges, I'd like to share the price range I'm talking about. When I purchased my laptop from a retail outlet on sale, it was $550 and $600 after taxes. So basically I am talking about this laptop being in a nice price range around $600 and under as it is currently advertised with Amazon. In summary, I really like this laptop with the only disappointment being that the Intel did not live up to all the hype as I expected it to be incredibly better than the AMD's. Be that as it may, this laptop with the Intel processor performs just as well as other AMD's that I've owned. With all of that said, I find this laptop to be an excellent computer for the price range.

Read Best Reviews of HP g7-1070us Notebook PC - Silver Here

This is a good, solid machine.

The title of this review is also the reason why I took a star off, because F9 hasn't been the norm for BIOS settings to change the order of boot devices. A little label on the keyboard would be helpful. I just went through all the function keys to find this out (not even Google was helpful!--But now it will be :).

When the machine starts, press F9 and you can choose to boot from a CD if you like.

This machine doesn't come with much clutter, unless you think MS Office is one.

Initial battery life never impresses me, let's see how well it will stick to its multiple-hour promise a year from today. Battery is a problem for all computers. We need more technological advancement in this area.

Price is great for the performance. I don't think you can go wrong with this purchase.

Enjoy!

Want HP g7-1070us Notebook PC - Silver Discount?

I purchase computers for my company. I've purchased several laptops under $1,000, from Lenovo to Toshiba, from Sony to HPs and Dells. This is one of the best. Nice, sturdy keyboard (for its price range), decently quiet, good feel, snappy, overall a pleasure to use. Sure it's not a high-end Lenovo T series, or an Appple Macbook Pro, but it's well worth its price. Recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment