Sony VAIO VPCF136FM/B 16.4" Notebook (1.73 GHz Intel Core i7 - 740QM Processor, 6 GB RAM, 640 GB Ha

Sony VAIO VPCF136FM/B 16.4' NotebookI did quite a bit of research for a new laptop. This Sony Vaio is excellent for the price. I wanted to make my own laptop on dell and sony website and everything was way above this price with all these features. For excellent performance and added features I didnt mind spending this much. I play games with no problem and multi task with amazing speed. The fan noise is a little loud at times of long gaming but I expected that. Overall I recommend this laptop.

I just purchased my Sony laptop to replace a 2 year old HP pavillion series that had many overheating problems. This laptop is does not have much lag time and does not seem to have the same over heating issues. I know I could feel different long term, but this last month I have been very pleased with how it runs my applications/games. I was even pleased that it did not seem to be burdened with a lot of extra programs. I definately would recommend this laptop for someone who need a little faster processing laptop. I know there are a few cons, but I have not run into the problem of accidently turning it off because the turn off is on the side where the mouse may be.

Buy Sony VAIO VPCF136FM/B 16.4" Notebook (1.73 GHz Intel Core i7 - 740QM Processor, 6 GB RAM, 640 GB Ha Now

I've owned this laptop since Jan 2011 and its been great. Great hardware and all-around performance. I bought it at a brick and mortar store for $1300 after taxes, so $1800 strikes me as pricey (maybe I just got lucky?) but it was a great value buy for me.

Battery life is short(90-100min) if you're using wi-fi or running the bluray drive, however if you have the wi-fi off it jumps up to almost 3hrs on power saver mode. I haven't had issues since I plan around those things. In addition the 5400rpm harddrive seems rather laggy if you're running large programs, not annoying but noticeable when loading sometimes.

I'm currently looking into a RAM upgrade and getting an SSD drive to replace the stock hdd to help with "laggy" feeling.

All in all, this is a great laptop if you can find it at the right price point. I highly recommend it!

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO VPCF136FM/B 16.4" Notebook (1.73 GHz Intel Core i7 - 740QM Processor, 6 GB RAM, 640 GB Ha Here

Great cinouter, however, updates and light programs cause the keyboard to heat up and its noisey as hell. Research Sony Vaios as a whole on youtube. The fans are riduclous.

Want Sony VAIO VPCF136FM/B 16.4" Notebook (1.73 GHz Intel Core i7 - 740QM Processor, 6 GB RAM, 640 GB Ha Discount?

I find this laptop to be super fast and efficient for video editing, etc. so have to give it 5 stars. Using CS5 Creative Suite Pro Premiere Pro and it's a breeze working on this Vaio model. Left it at the standard 6G of RAM but upgraded the OS to Windows Ultimate (actually, dual-booted so I can continue to have Sony coverage).

Minor down-side is battery life (to be expected for i7 CPU) and also the fan nice (again, loaded machines tend to generate more heat). Bought it from the Sony outlet Center for a cut-throat price so am super-happy.

Bought my keyboard skin on eBay (from China because Sony didn't make em). Got my protector case and adapter case from Amazon (zero tax) so I'm all good.

Don't forget to email yourself the Serial Number for this and other gadgets you may have in case it's lost or stolen ;)

Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment