Asus X55A-JH91 15.6-Inch Laptop

Asus X55A-JH91 15.6-Inch LaptopI needed something to run multiple apps including powerpoint and video simultaneously with no lag. This does the job. The keyboard took some getting used to, the keys do not have the dull plastic feel that I am used to with a Dell, but more of a cold metallic feel. One quirk I am trying to figure out with Windows 8 ... there seems to be an automatic swipe gesture I keep doing with the mousepad when I swipe up/to the right to move around the screen. It takes me to the start screen, which is annoying, and I would love to turn that feature off. Windows 8 on a non-touchscreen device can be a bit awkward and I wish I had windows 7. There is no start menu to access programs or quickly shutdown ... instead I control/alt/delete to shutdown or go back to the start screen by putting the mouse in the lower left screen of the computer and accessing the settings ... takes too much time. Overall, this is a good machine for the money, and I must point out that the audio/speakers are top notch. I am able to play for my entire classroom without external speakers, a first for any laptop I have ever had. Also, the battery has lasted me an average of 5 hours with the screen brightness turned way down. It is also a very quiet machine -no loud fans or processing sounds. Sometimes I forget that it' even on.

Update: The annoying automatic swipe function I was talking about turns out to be something that is actually fantastic called ASUS Smart Gesture. You can turn features on/off, like using two fingers for scrolling, one finger for select, three fingers to navigate pages, etc.

I bought this laptop 2 months at k mart, and is had been a horrible experience..the keypad is way to sensitive and when i write something with the keyboard it goes crazy and all my information automatically gets delete it, or end up in another location of the text...is really annoying!! other than that, is great but prepare for some frustrations when chatting.

Buy Asus X55A-JH91 15.6-Inch Laptop Now

This laptop can be found for under $300 and it is well worth it if you are willing to install Ubuntu Linux 12.10. If you're willing to do that, you'll end up with a laptop that feels like a MacBook Pro which last I checked was $1,500.

The trackpad is little sensitive and ethernet wasn't picked-up out of the box by Ubuntu which are the only reasons I'm giving it 4 stars. Otherwise, love this for a Linux laptop.

Read Best Reviews of Asus X55A-JH91 15.6-Inch Laptop Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment