MSI A6200-021US Notebook PC - Intel Core i5-430M 2.26 GHz / 15.6" LCD / 4GB DDR3 Memory / 320GB HD

MSI A6200-021US Notebook PC - Intel Core i5-430M 2.26 GHz / 15.6' LCD / 4GB DDR3 Memory / 320GB HD / 802.11b/g/draft n WLAN / DVD Super Multi Drive / HDMI Port / Built-in Webcam / Windows 7 Home PremiumWould recommend this laptop. However, when I purchased it I did not realize it came with 32bit Home Premium Windows 7 and not 64 bit. So I went and purchased 64 bit and reinstalled the OS. Works even better with 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I ran it with 32 bit for a day and for the last few days have had 64 bit windows on it. Screen is great. Can't complain except MSI should clearly state that it comes with 32bit on their packaging. Better yet they should install it with 64bit.

First off this IS IN FACT AN LED SCREEN and...

Not an LCD as this ad and the website of national reailers like Office Depot claim, in Fact if you take a brief trip to the website of MSI they too, confirm this and since buying one last night at my local Office Depot I have confirmed that the info on the MSI website is correct this is once more is an LED display !!!

With that said this unit overall is as good as any laptop I have ever owned, or used from my job. This includes 11 different laptops in the last 14 years from NEC, IBM, HP, Toshiba, Acer and Dell.

The only complaint I could find is that it comes with Windows 7 32 bit instead of 64 bit which is not that much of an issue as most applications do not support 64 bit mode at the moment anyway, however I just don't think it makes much sense to have not used 64 bit.

With all that said a quick review and my first impressions...

1. The screen is excellent, large and beautfiul, great contrast and colors

2. The keyboard is excellent, a little different for someone not used to the chicklet style made popular by Apple, but doe not take long to get used to.

3. The processor is an obvious selling point, it runs cool, consumes less power than any previous high end Intel Processor and Graphics combo !

4. Overall build quality is top notch and for the solid feel it is actually quite light !!!

5. The tochpad is TOP NOTCH and I say that as someone who does not use a mouse, tochpad functionallity is something of a pet peeve for me when buying a laptop, so if you too are someone that finds many of the tochpads out there today not worth a penny..

Rest assured this touchpad works and works well !

Windows Experience Index scoring was as follows

Processor 6.4

Memory 7.2

Graphics 4.6

Gaming Graphics 5.1

Hard Drive 5.3

So as you can see for this is a great laptop with plenty of power to spare !

If you are looking for a 15.6 inch unit that is powerful and more than capable of handling Flash media at 1080P look no further, this will make and excellent unit for developers and would serve well as an all around machine for business oriented users too !

One last thing I forgot is the battery and it out of the box after its first charge I got about 2 1/2 hrs or real time use surfing the web and half the time I was watching an episode of Red Eye on Hulu which is very processor intensive...

So when this company claims 2 1/2 hrs they mean it !

Unlike most companies who will site the number windows show right after unplugging it (HP, DELL, Toshiba) Just to name a few !

If you are wondering that number shown when placing the mouse pointer over the batter icon was showing 4 hrs. 15 min on my unit after first charge !

Hope that helps and I will say agian I could not be happier, you will not regret buying this laptop !

Buy MSI A6200-021US Notebook PC - Intel Core i5-430M 2.26 GHz / 15.6" LCD / 4GB DDR3 Memory / 320GB HD Now

I purchased this laptop for a mere $525 from Amazon last week. I'm thrilled with the performance of the i5 and DDR3 combined with Windows 7. My only complaints about this machine are:

1. Lack of bluetooth despite having a bluetooth LED and function key

2. Trackpad has a vertical scroll bar, but it isn't raised or visible so kind of difficult to use at times.

3. USB and power ports are in the back as opposed to the sides of the machine.

4. Power LEDs are very bright blue, almost distracting at night.

This machine has a great keyboard, tons of power, a really great screen, and it isn't too heavy. I love MSI and I'll continue buying from them in the future. I would recommend the A6200 to anyone in the ~$600 price range.

Read Best Reviews of MSI A6200-021US Notebook PC - Intel Core i5-430M 2.26 GHz / 15.6" LCD / 4GB DDR3 Memory / 320GB HD Here

I am so glad my fiancee convinced me to spend the extra $100 dollars on this laptop (the one I wanted) over a similar Acer with a Core i3 processor. This is hands down the best laptop I have ever owned.

The good:

LED display

Solid build

light weight (5.5 lbs)

full keyboard

HDMI port

bluetooth

EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE

Great price $599

The bad:

not very much information online

weak speaker set

no firewire port

I will be recommending this notebook to my family, so obviously i would recommend it to you.

Want MSI A6200-021US Notebook PC - Intel Core i5-430M 2.26 GHz / 15.6" LCD / 4GB DDR3 Memory / 320GB HD Discount?

I am so happy with this laptop! It is by far better than the $900 Dell I bought 2 years ago. And I only paid $600. This computer really handles what you throw at it. I would definitely recommend this laptop to anyone.

The problem with the speakers that everyone is complaining about is summed up to the fact that they put them on the front of the computer so when its sitting on your lap it sounds muffled. While its not exceptional, it wouldn't keep me from purchasing this laptop. I'm actually able to play sims 3 on it and even my desktop won't run it well. It plays perfectly! I'm so happy with this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment