HP g6-1d70us (15.6-Inch Screen) Laptop

HP g6-1d70us LaptopLove this laptop. Definitely a bang for one's buck. As I write this, early March 2012, I got this machine for roughly $400 here on Amazon. This was a pretty great price, especially considering I found the exact same model on several other sites well exceeding the $600-$700 range.

A really solid laptop perfect for everyday use, and beyond. The 15.6" screen is extremely bright, and has excellent resolution. As someone who watches a lot of media (videos, movies, tv shows, etc) on my laptop, the screen is great. The Intel i3 Core, 4 GB of RAM, and mid-level Intel graphics card all make for a snappy machine that is also acceptable for light, online gaming. A sizable hard drive, over 600 GB, won't be filled easily. Add a wireless card, built in webcam, and Bluetooth, a feature which has become more prominent in the last year or two, and all your bases are covered. The Bluetooth is great for 'no cable' transferring of files to and fro from your Bluetooth devices.

The audio is no slouch either. We all know that many a laptop speakers out there have their problems; They don't get very loud. They sound tinny. Not enough bass. Too much treble. etc etc. While the speakers here aren't exactly perfect, I'm pleased to report they are more then solid. On maximum levels the audio gets quite loud and remains mostly tin free. I also have to say, after experimenting with not only online videos, but various audio/video formats, the sound quality rates about a 7.5 on my scale. Pretty high considering some of the bad audio I've experienced, even on high-end laptops.

The machine comes in at just slightly over 5 lbs. Perhaps a tad heavy for some, but still hardly cumbersome. The machine itself is a handsome matte finish gray, and when closed, it's rounded edges give it a modern, almost IKEA-esque quality. If I had one overall quibble, and it's a very minor one, it would be the keyboard. While the keys have a soft, pleasant tactile feel, the keyboard itself is a tad on the small side. This is made more frustrating considering the size of the machine.

Bottom Line: Looking for a solid, mid-level, wallet friendly laptop that can handle a variety of tasks and situations? This one will easily fit the bill. Overall, an excellent value for what you're getting.

I have been using HP's for a very long time and find this one very quick and useful. My only comment is that is a little heavy and serves much better on a desk then if you need to take your laptop out..meetings, room-to-room etc.

Buy HP g6-1d70us (15.6-Inch Screen) Laptop Now

I recently purchased this laptop to replace my out of date Gateway and found the price to be great for all of the features that it has. It arrived in a timely manner (2 days) and was well packaged from Amazon. I was looking for a laptop with a 15.6" display and not a keyboard with the 10 key function. Here are the pro's and con's that I discovered:

Pros

Easy to set-up

Vivid display, HD quality

3.5+ hours of batt life over wi-fi

Charges quickly

Full size keyboard easy to type on

Windows 7

Decent built in camera

Cons

Not a fan of the trackpad, poor for internet scrolling

Would recommend purchasing a wireless mouse

Heavy, but well built

No docking station available from Amazon or HP

Overall I am extremely satisfied with this purchase, I purchased an HP for my parents for Christmas and they are also liking theirs as well, but I was able to get mine for over $100 less! Very happy customer, would recommend this product for anyone.

Read Best Reviews of HP g6-1d70us (15.6-Inch Screen) Laptop Here

This is no doubt the nicest and fastest laptop I have ever owned. However, it is not perfect. The Core i3 is plenty fast for streaming HD videoin fact, that was my main criteria when searching for a new laptop. The Pentium, Celereron, and low end dual core AMD processors simply can't handle HD video. You must get the equivalent of a Core i3 or better.

The good things about this laptop are it is small (at least is smaller than my 6 year old laptop of the same screen size) and light weight. It's got an HDMI port (which should be a requirement of all computers these days) and plenty of USB ports. I recommend attaching a "port saver" for the HDMI connection if you constantly use the laptop with different HDTVs. The mouse touchpad also has a nice feature that lets you turn off the touchpad with a double tap in the corner.

The bad is that the battery is difficult ro remove and install. Not impossible, but harder than it should be. I also don't like that the monitor does NOT have a clip to lock it down. It's just spring loaded so that means you have to hold the bottom of the laptop with one hand as you use the other hand to raise the screen. Again, not a deal killer, but a minor annoyance. Since the laptop has this spring loaded monitor, that means there is not enough room for any USB or VGA ports on the back of the unit. All ports are on the side including the power jack. The last thing I'm not crazy about is the monitor itself. The colors are way to intense. But that is a problem with all LCD displays IMO.

No, this laptop isn't perfect, but I do still like it and recommend it. To get a perfect laptop you would have to pay 2-3 times more than this one.

Want HP g6-1d70us (15.6-Inch Screen) Laptop Discount?

Love the design, it's simple and elegant. I'm not even close to being an expert in computers, I mainly am a writer and use it as such, for my work. I do however see an issue when I try to run multiple programs, but I am inclined to think that is most laptops.

All in all I am pleased with my purchase, if you're looking for a laptop this is one of the best I have had and not all that expensive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment