Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F/S 15.5-Inch Silver Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium)

Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F/S 15.5-Inch Silver LaptopSince my previous laptop is now technically in two pieces due to the plastic bezel of the monitor breaking, I wanted a laptop that could withstand wear and tear of daily use without compromising on flexibility. After looking at the other brands around the same price point, I felt the VAIO NW was superior in terms of the design and durability. Having used it for a few days now, I am very happy with this product and I would recommend it to others.

I purchased the sony vaio VGN-NW270F. Initially I was happy with it and the blue-ray. Shortly however I noticed when I charged the laptop to 100% and turned the laptop off,24 hours later the battery would be at 90% or less. This issue is common on ALL newer vaios, google it if you do not believe me. Search "Sony Vaio battery drain". Sony will not release a "fix" for it,in fact in one customer service report they describe this as a feature. The battery life never exceeds 2.5 hours either (4 hours listed). I jumped the gun big time buying this laptop. Do your research, now I will take a 85% hit in return price and need a new laptop for school starting January.

Buy Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F/S 15.5-Inch Silver Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) Now

After comparing all the laptops in the BestBuy store, We pick this laptop for the BEST.

Not only elegant design, beautiful body, but it also has a very sharp and bright lcd screen for the built-in Blu-ray Drive!

In short, You can't go wrong for the price of this laptop!

Sony will become a big guy in the computer market!

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F/S 15.5-Inch Silver Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) Here

After playing around with every brand of laptop at various stores it was clear to me that Sony does design better than anyone but mac. The overall feel is better than the competition. The track pad has a unique texture of raised dots that keeps fingers from sticking, and is very precise. The key board is well proportioned, the space between keys allows for more accurate typing than many of the newer keyboards that feel like one giant flat key.

The screen is beautiful, it is glossy so it looks mirror like, but suffers from minimal reflection. It is 780P which is fine when you are looking at a 15.5in screen. Bright, rich colors are refreshed quickly in fine detail. Bluerays played on a 1080p TV looked perfect via the hdmi output, zero hesitation.

The speakers are good. Average volume, but sound great.

The box is slightly lighter than similarly priced laptops, the textured waves look nice and do not collect finger prints. The folding action is smooth and firm.

Microsoft word opens in about 2.5sec.

The battery life seems less than advertised, 2.5hrs is about all I get. It could use better controls for volume, one must use FN>Fx keys to adjust volume/brightness.

I'm happy, at $715 it was worth the extra $50-75 over similarly configured laptops, (none of which had a blueray payer). I'd rather have the Sony design than $75 worth of extra gigawatts.

Want Sony VAIO VGN-NW270F/S 15.5-Inch Silver Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) Discount?

I am a self proclaimed apple fan (not a fanboy) -as I a have an imac, macbook air, 2 iphones, and too many ipods to mention and all I can say is that this is a sweet computer I always keep a pc around b/c I dont like to run parallels or other programs to run on my mac --and I usually use a netbook just for size. I saw this at bestbuy (699) and was intrigued. The specs are awesome and the fact that it has a bluray drive with HDMI out sealed the deal. So far so good -it's really fast -at least compaired to my old sony viao w netbook (I tried the new viao x but that was slow as molasis too actually took a 15% hit -200 bucks to return it). It is pretty nice looking -I kinda dig the texture. It is really heavy -I would not use this to carry around all the time (macbook air is much better for that) -but overall this is a great computer at a great price (sorry amazon it is cheaper at best buy and not even on sale there)

0 comments:

Post a Comment