Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile Processor

Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 15.4-Inch LaptopTo use this computer with any speed and responsiveness, I wiped Vi$ta and installed Ubuntu, on which it ran very nicely. However, the 590 Radeon X1200 drivers are "legacy" and, while they're improving for Linux, they may be nonexistent for Windows 7.

its fast, stylish and has everything i need. but i dont like the feeling of the mouse pad, but its a small thing not even worth mentioning. must buy

Buy Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile Processor Now

I've had this laptop for almost three years, every day, for on average 6+ hours a day.. It's had it's bumps in the road but for a heavy user such as myself to have a laptop last this long is downright impressive.

It shipped with Windows Vista, which at the time was crap, so of course I downgraded to XP right away. It ran wonderfully, and eventually I dual-booted to Win7, to which I found ran much faster. It also came with just 2GB of ram, which got upgraded to 4GB.

To give you an idea about my usage; I'm a graphic design hobbyist. I usually have Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox open alongside Photoshop CS4 AND Paint tool SAI, while running Windows Live! and Trillian in the background with no problems. I've had it permanently connected to a Wacom Tablet for most of it's life and never once had an issue with that. It even runs some 3D graphics programs at good speeds.

For gaming, the hardware isn't the best, which knocks off one star. It can however run most MMO's on medium settings (FlyFF, Aika, Aion, etc) and WoW on high, so kudos to this little guy. Bigger, more demanding games have no hope, namely AMNESIA and The Last Remnant did not want to run on my system due to graphics card requirements.

Like mentioned above, the hardware isn't all that great. It totes a 1.44ghz processor, which isn't ideal for a gamer, and the integrated graphics card can be limiting at times. But for the price I paid for it, and the amount of time I've used it on a daily basis, the fact that it runs beautifully still makes it a great product.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile Processor Here

I am really satisfied with this computer. I've had it for over four years, and it still runs like the first day I bought it. It even survived a totally unexpected spill a little after I got it (good thing I knew what to do with it when this happened). Of course, I've been taking really good care of it. The only issue I've had with it is overheating, but as long as I dust it out every so often and use a cooling pad, I rarely run into problems. I think I might buy a new Toshiba when I decide to replace this one.

However, I feel like I could buy a little more for what I spent for it, now. Not that it was high-priced for a computer.

Overall, it is a great computer.

Want Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile Processor Discount?

had this laptop for almost 4 years now... and almost everything is not original. i take good care of my stuff so i was surprised that i had to replace the monitor, keyboard, battery, plug port twice, and have had to get 4 hard drives. the monitor went completely black, the battery lasted 5 minutes on a full charge, the plug port stopped recognizing that it was plugged in and thus wouldn't charge... twice, and the hard drive has crashed 4 times. disappointed with this product and never buying another toshiba. not worth the time, aggravation, and money fixing this worthless computer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment