Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180U/B 15.4" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7300, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB Hard Drive,

Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180U/B 15.4' LaptopI just bought this computer about three weeks ago. Love the screen, bluray player is beautiful, super fast. I upgraded it to 4gb of ram but it was fast without it. I bought it for design work. Runs the entire Adobe CS3 Suite super fast.

Cons: Took me two days to uninstall all of the trial and other junk software installed by Sony. Battery life is horrible. I bought another power supply so I have one at work and one at home. The minute I unplug the thing from the wall it says 91% battery life remaining. ??? I have never seen such horrible battery life. I got used to my old Gateway that gave me 4 hours of battery life. I'm lucky if I get an hour just browsing the internet. This above all is the only thing that is bad about this machine. If the battery were better I would give it five stars.

I purchased a computer and it arrived. Taking the machine out of the box, I was very pleased with the look and feel and design of the computer itself. However, after the computer booted up, I realized just how unusable this product was out of the box. The machine comes with more trialware installed than any reasonable person should have to put up with. The software was so overrun with trialware that the machine crawled after booting up. All of the trialware started popping up dialogs asking me to update my software and and asking me to purchase full versions. The computer was utterly useless. I had to format the computer and put a clean version of Windows Vista on the box. However, this machine doesn't come with ANY disk -not even a recovery disk. If you want a recovery disk, you have to pay for it. The downside to that is, even if you had a recovery disk, you'd still end up installing all of the trialware again.

Sony did a great job with the computer, but their execution on the full user experience makes me rate this computer poorly. Had Sony at least given me the ability to completely wipe the computer to a clean Vista install, I would have rated it a 2. Had they simply supplied installation CDs for the trialware and shipped the clean machine without anything pre-installed, I would have given this computer a 4 our of 5. Thanks for listening.

Buy Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180U/B 15.4" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7300, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB Hard Drive, Now

I was nervous about buying a new computer with Windows Vista, but, this computer is sweet! It is fast and has improved my ability to communicate with my office significantly. Other than a blip with one program, which I was able to fix with an upgrade to the program, Vista has worked fine.

The computer itself is thin, lightweight, and a great performer. I was able to watch feeds from Live Earth this past weekend -it was able to keep up and give me a very decent screen to watch. I look forward to taking it on the road and viewing DVDs. The touchpad mouse is an improvement from my last laptop as it is not quite as smooth and responds better to my movement. To-date the battery life has been better than my previous model as well.

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180U/B 15.4" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7300, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB Hard Drive, Here

Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180E/B 15.4" Notebook PC (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7300, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB Hard Drive, Vista Home Premium)

I own a 1st generation Powerbook Aluminum. And while I love my PB it is getting quite 'long in the tooth'. I was shopping for a replacement, and the new MacBooks start at $1999.00. A bit pricey. So I started looking at Windows laptops. The VAIO, by far, offers the best feature set, for the amount of money spent. Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo 2GH processor, 2GB ram, 200GB HD, and a Blu-Ray disc burner for under $1400!!

The machine is very peppy. The xbrite display is jaw dropping gorgeous! Very bright, colors seem vibrant, warm.

Setup was a breeze, and Vista practically connected itself, to my wireless network.

The laptop is very robust. I have had several programs open at once, including a desktop workspace manager application, for managing multiple desktops, and I did not experience any performance issues.

If there is a 'downside' to this laptop, it is that Sony loads it with so much bloatware, adware, trialware, none of which in my opinion adds any value to the machine. Boot-up time, out of the box, was a bit slow, but was noticeably faster, and quite acceptable, once I eliminated non-essential programs, from startup.

Simply put, build/finish is very nice, solid feel, robust management of multiple applications with little degradation in performance, inclusion of Blu-Ray burner sealed the deal, as the features provided, are well worth the money that was spent. A good value!

Want Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180U/B 15.4" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7300, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB Hard Drive, Discount?

I agree with a lot of people on how much junk Sony preloads on this computer. I have removed a lot of it, but there is still more to go.. I've been using this computer about 1 month and have had NO problems.. Definitely worth what I paid for it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment