Apple MacBook A1342 13.3" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz, 250GB Hard Drive, 4096Mb RAM, DVDRW Dri

Apple MacBook A1342 13.3' LaptopI Work on a lot of Macbooks and I'm really not a huge fan of Airs and Pros. Logicboards seem to be real water magnets and it doesn't take a lot to end up with a fried board from a spill. Have ton of laptops and the opportunity came for me to buy one of these that had a bad Gatorade spill, so I did because I gave an i7 pro to a family member and needed an OSX. The older unibody style seems to hold up better to liquid than the newer pros. The heat generated and maybe weathering may lead to some cracking of the case in a few areas, but naturally heat will do that. Probably not a bad thing and allows some heat to dissipate. Easily sealed with electronic grade silicone, and besides, this Macbook was Afghanistan too, so I'm sure that didn't help. Just goes to show how durable it is, I guess.

That being said, here's what I did: Pulled the factory RAM and maxed it to 8GB. Pulled the factory 250GB HDD and installed a Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD/SSD 750GB w/64mb cache (could've gone with a full SSD, but opted for more storage). Installed Snow Leopard. Now it runs like lightning. The OSX is nice and light, so it runs really fast. Noticed a huge difference. This model has great potential and is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to fork out a lot of money for an MBP. Since doing this, it's been one my favorite laptops to use.

Bought this computer to replace my powerbook that lasted for 6 years. This one hasn't lasted as long. The hard drive failed after a year and a half. I'm still happy with the product, Macs have served me well. Not getting into the whole Mac vs. PC debate, but if you like Macs, this is a good buy, hopefully with the new hard drive it will last me a few years.

Buy Apple MacBook A1342 13.3" Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz, 250GB Hard Drive, 4096Mb RAM, DVDRW Dri Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment