Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5007 16-Inch laptop (2.0GHz Athlon II Dual-Core Processor M300, 3GB, 250G

Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5007 16-Inch laptopI write this having just been cut off (by phone) with Toshiba's tech support. (Well, actually it was the call center, to which the manager had transferred me in error). I am sending back this computer for the second time in the last two weeks, having purchased it in February (after doing considerable research). It had a myriad of problems including: 1) a non-functioning USB port, 2) a tendency to lock up and then not shut down on command, forcing a shut down by pushing the on/off switch, 3) and on-again-off-again CD burner, 4) an inability to send a daily backup to the reserve hard drive, 5) an inability to send anything greater than three or four songs worth of file space to the back-up drive at one time. With seven or eight songs, it would lock up, and I'd have to go through the shut-down process again.

I got back the computer four days ago. Toshiba had replaced the USB, the optical drive, and the hard drive. Wow, sounded good! But most of the same problems reappeared. Maybe if I had a 32 bit version of Windows 7 instead of 64 bit. Ah, but that's not a possibility, according to the manager I spoke with. My option is to keep sending it back till they repair it, all the way till my warranty runs out.

To say I am angry is putting it mildly. From my experience, I'll never go near Toshiba's laptops again. Maybe that's unfair, but this laptop is screwing up my life to a considerable extent, since I spend many hours a day on the computer.

This is my first laptop and I can recommend it. I like that it has the numeric pad on the side, it's very practical. I can say I'm happy with it. When I took it out of the box, I really liked the color, of course it will depend if you like a black one or a metal looking laptop. For me, it gives it a sense of sophistication.

The other thing I notice is that it's bigger than I thought, it's larger because of the numeric pad. But that hasn't been so much of an issue for me yet.

As far as the Internet connectivity, it's fast. It works well on the battery alone and I really like Windows 7.

I also like that it has the vent on one side and it runs smoothly and quietly, you almost can't hear it.

The video quality is pretty good and the volume of the speakers is good, decent.

The only problems I had is that I haven't been able to install a program to do my translations because it's not compatible (Softni Subtitler Suite). It's a 32 bit program, and since this laptop is 64 bit I haven't found I way to install it.

The other thing I can say is that the mouse pad isn't so smooth, I'd rather use an external mouse, it's faster.

Overall, it's a great laptop and I'm really happy with it.

Buy Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5007 16-Inch laptop (2.0GHz Athlon II Dual-Core Processor M300, 3GB, 250G Now

If you type this computer in a search engine you will see I am not the only one who hates this product and has the following problems: Keyboard goes out, hardware problem ubs/sound do not work (Bios problem). This computer has BOTH hardware and BIOS problems! So if you want a laptop that will lose the usb/ sound (not a hardware problem, it is a messed up BIOS problem so no fixing it) and love having to replace the keyboard, then buy it. If you want to actually USE the lap top you paid almost 500.00 for then buy anything but this!

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5007 16-Inch laptop (2.0GHz Athlon II Dual-Core Processor M300, 3GB, 250G Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment