Toshiba C855-S5350 15.6-Inch Widescreen Laptop (6GB/640GB with Intel Pentium Processor B980, with H

Toshiba C855-S5350 15.6-Inch Widescreen LaptopThe programs run fine, and the computer is fairly fast. But I returned the laptop because it was poorly put together. Within one week of purchase, the touchpad stopped working. Even the technical support team at Staples couldn't repair the problem. (Pushing the function keys did nothing). So I exchanged the laptop for the same model, thinking I had a defective computer. Four days later, the keypad on the new laptop was warped and the keys loose. In addition, the mouse would occasionally freeze. I researched reviews for this laptop on other websites, and several other customers had the same complaint about the mouse and the poor quality of the assemblage. Again, the programming works great accept for the pointer device. It's the assemblage that's poor. I recommend investing in a different brand.

I have this lappy and am pretty satisfied with it. For the price, it's a very good laptop. It's a budget laptop but would satisfy most casual users' needs (heavy gamers need not apply). Let's face it, the majority of people use their laptops for internet, media watching, and other usual programs. I'm one of those people and satisfied with this lappy's performance. According to CNet, its Intel Pentium B980 2.4GHz is on par with the performance of the i3 chip. It's light and has all the usual features, what's not to like, esp. for the price.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this laptop. My other laptop is fancier and better-built, but then again, that 17" Sony Vaio cost me over $1000 couple years ago. Anyway, you can't go wrong with this if you're looking for a budget laptop.

Buy Toshiba C855-S5350 15.6-Inch Widescreen Laptop (6GB/640GB with Intel Pentium Processor B980, with H Now

Have found that the Toshiba computers are very reliable and easy to use. I have owned over five Toshibas and will continue to purchase them. This model has a great look. The touch pad is not overly sensitive as to move the mouse while you are typing and with the textured construction it seems easier to use. Windows 8 took some time to figure out. Am very impressed with the quietness of the computer fan and the length of the battery life. Calculated the battery life between 4 1/2 5 hrs. Overall a great computer for my use. And the price beat most laptop with the similar quality.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba C855-S5350 15.6-Inch Widescreen Laptop (6GB/640GB with Intel Pentium Processor B980, with H Here

6gb RAM with a decent intel dual core processor, (it's no i5), but it certainly gets the job done for the average computer user. Tons of hard drive storage and easily capable of running multiple programs, applications, while downloading and listening to music. The touchpad has no scrollbar, which is a little less convenient, but I use a mouse half the time anyway. For the price there are really no comparable products.

Personally i am not a big fan of the new Windows 8 home-screen, i much prefer the old desktop style setup. The actual operating system is quality, but it seems like it would be more user friendly with a touch screen computer, which this particular laptop is not.

Want Toshiba C855-S5350 15.6-Inch Widescreen Laptop (6GB/640GB with Intel Pentium Processor B980, with H Discount?

I bought this laptop because I like Toshiba products. I own a broken Toshiba c655 which I bought about 18 months ago and therefore needed to upgrade. I ended up returning this laptop for two reasons. First was the sound quality. Thinking the sound would be on par with the c655 but this is just not the case. This c855 sounded something like playing music through the speaker of a '70s electronic game powered by a 9v ray-o-vac battery. Thinking it might just be the laptop, I went to the store with a thumb drive and played music on the floor model, same thing. If you want sound, I mean laptop sound, do not plan to get it from this laptop.

The other reason I returned this laptop is because I was concerned that the screen hinge on the right side would end up wearing out just like the c655's did. I don't believe that the hinge on the c655 was the death of it (more likely a soda accident followed by a good wipedown, that went untold), but nonetheless, the c855 right hinge was tight just like the c655 so I figured that was eventually going to break, thus proving a bad lower cost investment.

Processor performance wise it seemed to do fairly well.

Save 28% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment