Acer Aspire One Atom N570 1GB 250GB 10.1'' Win7 Starter

Acer Aspire One Atom N570 1GB 250GB 10.1'' Win7 StarterBudget netbooks are becoming harder and harder to find, and I have not jumped on the tablet bandwagon yet. The are some things I just prefer on a real computer. The small laptops today are to built to mid-to-high spec ultrabook status. That is all well and good. I am all for better performance, but sometimes all you need is a web browser and word processor.

This laptop is the perfect budget netbook. Dual-core processor along with a decent 1GB of RAM and 250GB of storage. It is very lightweight for portability, and I have gotten 8 hrs of battery life on the low settings.

I had only one area of concern. I cannot tell if it is a Atom processor incompatibility or a Win7 problem, but I did have problems getting some old (late 90s era) games to run on it. I had previously gotten them to run on a Vista machine, but so far no luck.

Otherwise, this laptop had met all my expectations, and makes a great XBMC media center host at home when its not on travel with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment