HP Pavilion dv6-3150us 15.6-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 4.5 Hours of Battery Life (Argento)

HP Pavilion dv6-3150us 15.6-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 4.5 Hours of Battery LifeI previously had a refurbished HP that I purchased in 2001 and it finally passed away 2 years ago, and for the two years since I used a Dell laptop that I acquired through a Masters program, the Dell lasted a total of four years. My HP laptop lasted about 7 years total. Thats durability!

I was very impressed with my previous HP laptop and after doing my research purchased this HP dv6 3150. My main reason was because I wanted my laptop to boot up and process other things very quickly, and the Intel I-5 processor gets things done very quickly. I like the large screen, and am looking to purchase one for my mom for christmas. When I bought this, I didnt pay too much attention to the other perks, I was just focused on the screen size and I-5 processor. This laptop comes with a backlight, so if I'm working in dim light, I can turn the backlight on and my keys light up. And I didnt know that it also came with the finger print identifier, so when I log on, I can log on using either a password, or just swipe my finger. I think my mom will get a real kick out of that when she gets hers.

As of this date, I havent tested out the web cam features just yet.

My reason for purchasing this laptop is for home use. I plan on taking classes next semester and I know that creating powerpoints and other documents isnt going to be a problem. It's a great laptop and I'm very happy with my purchase.

I've been looking all for for a laptop with reasonable specs. I wanted a 15" screen, 4GB memory, an i5 processor, and 4+ hour battery life for under $800.00. I really thought this HP was going to be the solution. On paper it looks great. Unfortionaitely after unpackaging it and using it for a while I was really dissapointed. The touchpad on it is really hard to use out of the box. I was able to update the drivers and Synpatic software which enabled me to adjust the zone size and sensitivity but it's still hard to use. The keyboard is also poorly laid out. HP in their infinite wisdom decided to put any extra colum of keys on the left hand side. This doesn't look like a big deal in the pictures but in practice it's very annoying because every time I put my hands on the keyboard I'm hitting the wrong keys. The screen was comparable to other laptops in this price range / resolution but that isn't necessarily a plus. It's fine for web browsing and productivity apps but I wouldn't want to use it for serious Photoshop work or gaming.

On the plus side the laptop seems to be reponsive and doesn't come with to much bloatware. After running for a while the fans will kick into high occasionally but the laptop doesn't get very warm. I also appreciated the smooth lines and relatively thin look. The battery life was approximately 4.5 hours as specified with Wifi turned on.

If it wasn't for the keyboard and mouse problems I'd have given it 4 stars and kept it. As is though I've decided to return it and look elsewhere.

Buy HP Pavilion dv6-3150us 15.6-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 4.5 Hours of Battery Life (Argento) Now

I must first admit that I am not a techie and bought this for home use.

But I love this laptop. The screen is crystal clear and I love the slimness of the product. I did not buy it for the fingerprint reader but have found that I really enjoy storing all my internet passwords so I do not have to fumble for them each time I log on. The fingerprint reader was simple to set up and use. I use a wireless mouse much of the time so did not find the mouse pad a problem, but even when I use the mouse pad I did not experience the stiffness that other users complained about. The keyboard set up is a little unusual with extra keys on the side, but it only took me minutes to get used to the lay out and I rarely misstype.

The best thing about this laptop is the speed. The Intel i5 processor is lightning fast and worth every cent.

I cannot find a thing that I don't like about this laptop! Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dv6-3150us 15.6-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 4.5 Hours of Battery Life (Argento) Here

I have had it for a day and even though I normally do not post reviews I just wanted to share with potential buyers. Reason being that all the concerns I had from the few negative reviews on HP pavil dv6 laptops have all been alleviated :

1. keyboard layout extra keys on the left.

The extra keys on the left have not caused me too much confusion. Some keys may appear to be slightly misaligned but I think it is no different from most laptop keyboards where compromises have been made for space. I got used to the keyboard pretty quickly and I have only had it for a day.

2. keyboard layout function keys on the top changed

The F1 -F12 keys can be changed back to traditional usage in the bios. Just turn off "action keys".

3. touchpad buttons Yes, they are a bit stiff but I do not use them that often since I tap the touchpad for left click. I also read from one reviewer that they loosen up after a few weeks, so I am counting on that happening too.

4. Initially the sound was not working. I rebooted to fix that but it was echoing a lot I then realized I *may* have accidentally turned on microphone recording causing horrible echo feedback. I turned off the microphone and everything is fine.

Overall I am quite pleased with the laptop. It is fast and of reasonable weight. I also needed the keyboard light which works well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE on 2/26 (after 3 weeks) :

Still works well. The battery power is not as good as advertised but good enough for my mostly home usage. If you do mostly web browsing with no video then I can see it maybe getting close to advertised. I have not tested this. I am programmer and developing software on this laptop significantly reduces the battery time.

The touchpad buttons have loosened up slightly, I expect it to get better. It helps a lot if you click towards the middle of the touchpad.

Overall, I am yet to see a laptop I would trade this for at the same price. The more I compare this with equally priced and more expensive VAIO i5 laptops, I realize how good the build quality is on this laptop.

I am also pleasantly surprised with how much I am liking Windows 7. (I run Linux on my desktop!)

AM

Want HP Pavilion dv6-3150us 15.6-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 4.5 Hours of Battery Life (Argento) Discount?

I purchased laptop + push2tv bundle. Haven't bought a computer in retail for a long time always was buying custom configured. But, the specs and WiDi addition was a great selling point.

Computer has few nice options wireless display, fingerprint reader, lighted keyboard, quick access buttons. The only thing that I had to add was bluetooth adapter. Watching movies from internet on HDTV was a blast awesome picture when using HDMI (a/v connection is not even worth trying if you can use HDMI).

0 comments:

Post a Comment