ASUS Zenbook UX32A-DB51 13.3-Inch HD LED Ultrabook

ASUS Zenbook UX32A-DB51 13.3-Inch HD LED UltrabookI bought 2 Ultrabooks when they were on sale. The ASUS Zenbook and the Samsung Series 9.

Pros: I love the black lit keyboard on this ultrabook. It feels very good to type on.

It has the Ivy Bridge Core i5-3317U which has HD4000 graphics.

It also have 3 USB 3.0 and a regular hdmi port and SD card reader. Which is all better than what the Samsung Series 9 had.

I love the weight of this ultrabook. Its not too light nor too heavy. It feels a lot sturdier than the Series 9.

The overall build quality is really nice. I think ASUS did a really good job.

Cons: This Ultrabook does not have a SSD.

Other Thoughts: The only thing that this ultrabook can improve on is maybe an SSD. but the 500gb of HHD and 24gb of ssd cache is good enough. The current HD with ssd cache isnt slow a all but if we want this ultrabook to be the fastest, its need a SSD. But I can complain on what it already has for the price.

I bought thus laptop because it is an ultrabook with a lot of power for the price. It has a great third-gen ivy bridge processor, good RAM (4GB) , and the hybrid SSD/HDD in my opinion does not lower speed (unless dealing with huge files) but is one of the things that help lower the price. The graphics card is also good for general purpose and light gaming.

Although it is a light laptop, I had personally hoped for a little less than 3 pounds. However, once you start using the laptop you wont really notice and you will barely feel the weight of it in your back pack. The design will also give you plenty of complements from your friends.

The keyboard in this version is also pretty good, and the backlighting is nice although I wish there was a keyboard button to switch it on and off. My only problem with this laptop is the trackpack it's not as sensitive as it could be, and it is poor at recording tabbing (I often have to resort to the button, which I also dont like due to its loud noise).

Buy ASUS Zenbook UX32A-DB51 13.3-Inch HD LED Ultrabook Now

Overall, I really like this laptop! Now, to the details:

Appearance: Sleek, light, comes with a brown envelope case (pretty stylish!), the aluminum body feels pretty smooth compared to the earlier model; easy to clean and to carry. There was also another small pouch in the bag, with a mini-HDMI adapter and an Ethernet-to-USB adapter! Pretty handy and saves about $50. Mine has 3 USB ports (as it should be), unlike some pics that show only 2 ports so you might want to write to write to the seller to make sure that you are getting the right model

Sound: I would rate the sound quality as 4,5 out of 5 for an ultrabook; not super-clear, but pretty good for such a small laptop

Keyboard: The black keys on this model are much better (in my opinion) than the aluminum keys on some models; they are comfortable and not slippery. Oh, it also has a back-lit keyboard with an adjustable brightness. NOTE: the power button is right next to the delete button! Not the best placement, but it is adjusted not to do anything, unless you hold it for a few seconds. So it's all thought through! :)

Mouse pad: pretty big, smooth, responsive, allows multi-finger actions, BUT you keep touching it wile typing. My hands are not big, or it does not cause a huge problem for me, but you might want to try it out first. Possible SOLUTION: get a wireless mouse and disable the mouse-pad.

Screen: vivid colors, but more to the colder tones (I didn't mess with the colors yet), anti-glare; GOOD thing: you can turn off the screen to save battery life, just like on a Mac!

Performance: I'm not an expert in this, so you might want to look into other reviews, but so far, it worked pretty well, and the battery life is decent: it says 4 hours in battery-saving mode, but i keep switching to full-power mode, and it lasts for about 2 hours. I decided to have Windows 7, because I'm just too lazy to adjust to Win8, and I haven't heard many positive reviews about it either.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS Zenbook UX32A-DB51 13.3-Inch HD LED Ultrabook Here

I work in IT and over the last 10 years I have had several laptops from several different manufactures. This one is absolutely my favorite. I did not opt for the i7 version with the extra graphics card. I didn't need it. I am not doing any 3D gaming or 3D development.

I do play games but this is more than enough power for the games I play.

Want ASUS Zenbook UX32A-DB51 13.3-Inch HD LED Ultrabook Discount?

Extremely fast..core i5, 500gb hybrid hard drive, upgradeable ram, backlit keyboard, amazingly thin, Windows 7 (not 8!).

I was concerned as I wanted more ram and some websites had this model listed as having a max of 4GB.. not really true.. I just installed an 8gb stick into it and it now runs with 10gb perfectly (2gb fixed, 8gb removable)!

Save 22% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment