Lenovo S400 14.0-Inch Laptop

Lenovo S400 14.0-Inch LaptopThis laptop is slim, light and works fast. It can boot and shut down within seconds! I also get used to win8 now. I don't play big games with it. I mainly use it to write, browse the web, listen to music and watch movies. This laptop does all these wrks perfectly. Sometimes the noise of fan and hard disk is a bit large but still bearable.

Originally, I had wanted the ultrabook from Lenovo but it was way out of my price range. This laptop was my alternative choice. I love that it's super lightweight and easy to carry around school. It reboots quickly, has a decent battery life of 3~hrs, never overheats, and is pretty quiet. Sound is ok (more details down below). I use this laptop to do normal, everyday student activites: write papers, browse the web, listen to music, watch movies and the i3 processor is good enough and fast enough for me.

Some things took me a while to get used to (i.e. very sensitive trackpad as mentioned in another review, typing on a new keyboard, Win8). I had to mess with the sensitivity settings for the trackpad for a while until it was to my liking. I don't really like the size of the BACKSPACE key. For some reason, they made it smaller than a normal size and placed PG UP/PG DOWN keys next to it and I hit it by accident all the time. It's a pain and I'm still getting used to it after a few weeks. Windows 8 was a bit overwhelming at first but I found a really helpful guide to explain what had changed and new features:An issue I had was that the speakers are located on the underside of the laptop...never really knew of any laptop that did that but it's a problem if you're in bed and listening to music. Blankets obviously muffle the sound so I usually hook it up to an external speaker. Just wish the speakers weren't impeded by anything but when it's on top of a desk, sound is clear and good. Final thing is that the webcam and microphone are pretty awful. I had issues when using it to Skype. Webcam quality just sucks and for some reason, the microphone never picks up my voice so I just end up using my old laptop that I was supposed to replace with this one (Sony Vaio 4 yrs old).

Overall, I like this laptop for it's ease of travel and battery life. It performs well while being extremely affordable. Just a few things you should be warned about beforehand and where some things could be improved.

Buy Lenovo S400 14.0-Inch Laptop Now

Very good product but within 10 days price was dropped by 50$, little sad with that... still i like it.. i buyed as a gift to my brother.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo S400 14.0-Inch Laptop Here

I wanted a thin, light laptop for personal use so I wouldn't have to carry my work laptop home every night in case I wanted to log on for something. But I mainly use it for Facebook, checking email, browsing the web and listening to music. I love the light weight sleek design. I'm still getting use to Windows 8 (works better for a touchscreen). The processor is fast. I have had no problems. Love it.

Want Lenovo S400 14.0-Inch Laptop Discount?

Excellent choice of a laptop for college. I'm able to take it around school without a hassle and all of the features work perfectly.

Save 4% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment