Dell Inspiron i13z-8864sLV 13-Inch Laptop

Dell Inspiron i13z-8864sLV 13-Inch LaptopPros: price, seem very well built, keyboard, size/convience. When it was working, it was fast and ran very smooth.

The Issues: After about 4 weeks it would not boot. I sent it off to Dell service center and they needed to replace the motherboard, hard drive, audio board and reinstall Windows 8. Not sure what the exact issue was and Dell support has been somewhat vague. When the laptop was returned an administrator profile was setup and it would not allow me to create a profile. I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour for them to tell me the OS needs reset/put back on the computer properly (not sure why this was not fixed properly before sending back to me). Anyway they want me to buy an external disk drive and install Windows 8 again.

Overall I'm very pleased with the build of the laptop and wish that it would work.

UPDATE: I sent the laptop back and was given a refund. I do not recommend buying this laptop because of the 4 weeks issues (will not boot). I have found several other reviews stating the same issues as mine. It appears Dell's quality has lowered. I was also not pleased with the customer support.

I went through many reviews to finally choose this one, it's the best you can get at this price. I've been using it now for more than a month and am so satisfied with it.

Buy Dell Inspiron i13z-8864sLV 13-Inch Laptop Now

Seriously. Not a month of use, and the motherboard is dead. It can't identify a boot device. Been on chat with a (friendly, thank goodness) Dell rep who is sending a tech to replace the motherboard. I hope this is a one-time problem. My previous Dells have fared far better...

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron i13z-8864sLV 13-Inch Laptop Here

I acquired recently one of the earliest Dell Inspiron 13zs and had to ship it to Dell for servicing. Much to my amazement, their customer service and technical support was absolutely first rate, correcting a flaw in the battery and conducting extensive tests to ensure that this laptop performed as good as new; I am also grateful to them for giving me a year's warranty on this laptop despited the fact that I had purchased it second-hand from Amazon's Warehouse Outlet. As for the unit itself, I am especially impressed with how quickly it loads web pages, due no doubt to having 6 MB of RAM. Despite its relatively slow 1.4 Ghz speed, it has performed nearly as fast as an older Dell XPS M1330 which I still use daily; that older Dell has a 2.2 Ghz speed. This is almost the perfect laptop for web searching. My only reservation is that it seems to be less durable in construction than the Dell XPS M1330 or some other Dell laptops that I still use. Those thinking of getting the Dell Inspiron 13z at its currently faster Ghz speeds will find this a very good notebook equal in quality to similar ones from HP and Apple.

Want Dell Inspiron i13z-8864sLV 13-Inch Laptop Discount?

Dell 13z is amazing for this price. It's fast, quiet and light weight(portable).

The keyboard layout is perfect for me. This laptop runs Windows 8 flawlessly.

Save 38% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment