Sony VAIO E17 Series SVE17125CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black)

Sony VAIO E17 Series SVE17125CXB 17.3-Inch LaptopLaptop arrived from Amazon 2 days earlier than first suggested, so I was very happy about that. Arrived with out a ding on the box. Great shape.

Got this two days ago. My first impression was I was horrified how cheap it looked. I was afraid to break it lifting it from the box. The body is just cheap thin plastic. It seemed to bend dangerously on the bottom just being held. The black color of the case is an ugly flat black, the whole finish is a gigantic finger print magnet.

It looks better with the cover up. The keyboard keys are a hair too small, but spaced good. I am very picky on keyboards, and it's been tolerable. I adore the back light on the keyboard as I often type in dark to dim rooms, it's great. I also keep the laptop plugged in usually so a short battery life won't bother me. I think it's about 2 hours something with the back-lighting.

Before I bought it I worried a lot about the off set touch pad due to the full number keypad. It hasn't bothered me. The touch pad can be hyper sensitive, readjusting the screen size on you. You just have to get comfortable on what it tolerates and lift your fingers a bit.

Cd players has worked well for programs installs.

The speed of the laptop is great coming from an i5 Sony Vaio, I can see the difference. Wifi works great. All ports I have tested so far are working well.

The laptop has remained cool to the touch after a full day of use. I'm not a gamer, I can just say the worst loading web pages actually opened fast and I've had about 18 programs open, nothing barfed.

I love the large screen size, have not watched a ton of video yet, but what little a saw I was some what surprised it didn't look as good as the 13 inch Sony Vaio we have. I'll update when I use that more, not being fair to evaluate it this early on when I am busy with so much else.

Laptop over all, outside the cheapness of the case I really like. I'd give it a 5 if not for the case.

Windows 8 is fast and a lot of useless eye candy. I like the operating system's speed, don't like the interface so I am busy customizing it. It seemed overwhelming yesterday, but much better today. It was effortless to set up the WiFi and Bluetooth and such. I guess I feel the same way about Windows 8 as I do the laptop. Great inside, hate the outside.

I am a IT manager in México City, in my last travel to USA I buy this laptop.

I was scared od the comments about the lack of turbo boost, I think are trolls, because mine have activated it and is used a lot!!! ( I have it 80% of thime over the 3 GHZ)

Recently made a upgrade, replacing the main HD whit a new SDD (256 MB SEAGATE) and let the original HD in a especial tray, in place of the DVD drive, I also buy a case to make the DVD drive external, so I can use it with an USB cable.

This is by far the best laptop I ever see (and use of course), I run badass things of my work, an takes all like nothing, even with databases (SQL SERVER).

I recommend it for non 3D graphics use, I have 3D games on it, but is not a gamer laptop, outside of the 3D graphics, you get a beast, and worth every penny.

Buy Sony VAIO E17 Series SVE17125CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

It came in very fast to my address in Lancaster and there was no problem shipping it to where I was at. It works great and the new windows program is amazing and also I am so happy that it already comes equipped with everything I could possibly need.

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO E17 Series SVE17125CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I got this computer for my birthday and I love it! It does not look cheap just sleek and very nice. I love the lighted key board. I have to get use to windows 8 and the new office but other than that all is AWESOME!!!

I read some of the reviews and was hesitant about buying one then I went and looked at it and fell in love with the computer. I am a student at University of Phoenix online so I needed another computer. I have wanted a VAIO for years and they were to expensive. I LOVE THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!

If you get the chance to get on do!

Want Sony VAIO E17 Series SVE17125CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

.

I have been using the laptop for two weeks now. This is an excellent laptop for the price.

Note it has the i7 processor, not the i5 processor, so be careful when comparing prices with similar models.

Hardware

The laptop's 17.3 inch screen is great and provides excellent quality video and text images.

I also use the Laptop's VGA output to connect an external monitor to my laptop and extend my laptop so I have two displays going at once. Easy to setup, by the way, if you have never done this (you can setup the external video to display the same image displayed on the laptop (copy) or you can "extend" your screen so that you basically double your screen size. Such feature is a Windows feature and can be done on any laptop with a windows OS) The E17's VGA video output is very nice and works well with the external monitor.

The system is fast even when accessing the 750 G hard Drive. While my E17 system uses an old school spinning hard drive (as compared to memory chips) the access times are acceptable and not an issues. And you get 750 gig of storage for half the price.

I do not play games so I do not know how the system would handle gaming.

WEB SURFING

Web surfing is fast. In fact, my ACER laptop (not that old, spilled water on it and had to replace it) would only connect to my 30 Mbps internet at 10 Mbps (wireless). The Acer access was consistently 10 Mbps and I tried everything in software to up the speed with no luck. Assumed it was the distance from the router. However, the VAIO E17 connects at 25 to 30 Mbps (wireless). No hassles at all, it just worked from moment one (after setting up the network of course).

KEYBOARD

Love the look and feel of the keyboard. It does not feel cheap and is back-light which is nice when in darker environments . . . looks cool all the time.

MOUSE PAD

Combination mouse and mouse pad: I have never used the laptop style mouse pads on any computer that I have ever used and the E17 is no exception. I don't dislike mouse pads I simply do not prefer them. I connect an external mouse up to my systems. I have tried the various interface devices but none beat the traditional external mouse for me.

WINDOWS 8 SOFTWARE

At first, was not too thrilled about the system coming with Windows 8.

Well, at the moment, I like Windows 8 and I like the way the VAIO E17 works with Windows 8 using an external mouse.

I described Windows 8 as follows. You can have the NEW Windows 8 User Interface (UI) and the old Windows 7 (and earlier) UI and it is easy to switch between the two (and I often do). You will find yourself using both all the time.

Basically, in what I call the Windows 8 UI, you have what I call a first screen and a second screen. The first screen assumes you will be connected with the internet all the time so it displays lots of "touch buttons" that launch internet based Applications (such as the APPs one might typically find on a smartphone Restated, "Apps" are software stored on the internet, and thus, you have to have internet access to use them). There are some really nice APPS one can put on this screen and I suspect the list is only going to be bigger.

Of course you can also put "touch buttons" that launch software installed on your hard drive (what I call "local software" as such software is not on the internet it is installed "locally" on your computer hard drive).

Then there is a second Windows 8 UI screen that shows a list of much smaller "touch buttons" for all the APPs AND Local Software you have installed on your computer and they are sorted nicely.

Then you have what I call the old School Windows 7 and older screen which is simply the old Windows 7 screen showing all the buttons for launching the software installed on your computer. No "App" buttons are put here.

So one does not need to use the old school Windows 7 UI; but I still like the old Windows 7 UI for "local software".

It is simple to switch between the different screes (UIs). . . just let the mouse "hover" in the bottom left corner of the screen and a pop-up windows appears that you click on to switch between UI screens.

MOUSE

Using the external Mouse in Windows 8 is PERFECT for me. It works well and I have no problems at all. AS I a sure you know, Windows 8 is designed to work with "touch screens" so you can launch programs by touching the "touch buttons" for a particular program. I do not like this idea. I don't like anyone touching my computer screen and getting nasty finger prints on the screen. I use a mouse and it works great. Of course keeping up with an external mouse is more of a pain but I like it better.

BOTTOM LINE

The VAIO E17 works perfectly with Windows 8 even without a touch screen and with its "small" touch pad . . . if one uses an external mouse. I use the touch pad some, but not much, but the touch pad works well also. Restated, the touch pad is not an issue for me (some do not like its small size).

The 750 gigabyte hard drive is fast enough and does not make a sound.

The i7 processor is quick.

The system is quite.

The keyboard is good quality and back-light

The 17.3 inch Video is great, one of the best I have seen on a laptop. The VAIO video is noticeably better than the ACER video on my 2 year old computer (same size screen but the ACER only cost $500 whereas the VAIO cost $800).

The external VGA video is great.

Internet (WiFi wireless) is very fast and easy to setup. The VAIO must have a higher quality WiFi receiver compared to my old ACER (2 years old) as my new VAIO connects at over twice the speed as my ACER for the same distance from the transmitter/router (and I know how to configure networks and wireless systems so the difference was not in the setup).

All WiFi receivers are not the same and the lower the quality of the WiFi receiver the closer you have to be to the router to get a faster connections compared to a better quality WiFi receiver.

Battery life: unknown I am always connected to power (so far).

0 comments:

Post a Comment