ASUS K61IC-A1 16-Inch Black Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium)

ASUS K61IC-A1 16-Inch Black Versatile Entertainment LaptopThe first laptop had dark spots in the corner of the display. Amazon next day shipped the replacement. Excellent customer support. This laptop runs great out of the box with only a small about of junk software. Mainly ASUS applications showing you some of the cool things you can do. Windows 7 so far has impressed me but be aware you will need to do a large amount of updates. (1 gig or better) The HDMI interface works great for connecting your HDTV to play dvd media and web content. Laptop runs cooler than expected but I still would recommend a good power cooler pad.

This model does not have a blu-ray rom, only the K61IC-X1 does.

This model you get a faster processor but no blu-ray.

Thank you for the person that corrected me on this fact.

I picked this out for our son who wanted something for gaming, with a larger screen than my wife's 15" work laptop but not as bulky as our family 17". He would have preferred a >$2000 gaming rig but given he's in the military, I didn't want to give anyone else itchy fingers, not to mention being in less than optimal conditions. He was doubtful when he received it but came around quickly once he found that it handled WoW easily. In fact, a friend "triple boxed" Wow (running three game concurrently) without any trouble! The keypad layout is much better than the configuration of our 17" and the boot-up time is short and sweet thanks to ASUS for keeping it clean and virtually free of bloatware (yes, I'm looking at you, HP!) All in all, we're very happy with the capabilities and price of this laptop and will be looking to ASUS for our future needs.

Buy ASUS K61IC-A1 16-Inch Black Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) Now

I bought a Dell XPS M1530 November 2008 and it was subsequently stolen November of 2009. In my quest to replace my laptop I was stubborn & hesitant at first to stray from Dell having owned 3 laptops previously from them with no issues and nothing but excellent experience. I went shopping at a local Electronics retailer and stumbled upon this machine which is lesser known in the Southern US, however I have now learned they are the 3rd largest seller of laptop computers in the world and have won numerous awards. This machine is FAST it boots up to start menu in a mere 8 seconds flat which is impressive. Although there are faster machines out there, for the price of this one it is well worth it for under $1000. The screen picture is crisp as no other and is LED HD and has one of the best resolutions out there, great for movies and other video media. The internal sound card combined with alltec lansing speakers provide for an excellent sound also for music, etc. ALthough not as fancy to the eye or as gimicky as a Dell XPS this is as compatible as it gets and at a better price. also interesting is the 1yr warranty that protects you even from accidental dropping of the machine. 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, etc.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS K61IC-A1 16-Inch Black Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) Here

I bought a notebook from ASUS. The ASUS webpage describes the notebook as having a 2-year parts and labor warranty. The web page of the retailer from whom I bought the notebook describes it as having a 2-year parts and labor warranty. I called the retailer's customer support, and they told me it has a 2-year warranty.

I call ASUS for warranty service and they tell me the laptop has a 1-year warranty. A dozen phone calls over 6 weeks plus two escalations and they still refuse to honor their 2-year warranty, in spite of the proof I have given them.

Do not buy from ASUS, they don't honor their warranty.

Want ASUS K61IC-A1 16-Inch Black Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) Discount?

It started out as a great laptop. After few months, I started to notice the screen behaving weird. It will flicker randomly when I resume it from sleep. Then I sent it for fixing to Asus service center. They sent it back without fixing anything saying they cant reproduce the problem without even contacting me. Now I have to figure out a way how to reproduce it for them to fix, which is very hard as the screen flicker on randomly. I did lot of research online too about the problem. Just google 'asus k61ic' and google will pop up with 'asus k61ic screen flickering' as one of the most searched terms. So I guess many people are having problem with this laptop model. I had high hopes on Asus service and expected Asus to know by now about this problem and also have a permanent fix for it. I have RMA'd my laptop 2nd time and sent it. I am waiting to see if they can fix it or not.

Lesson Learned: No matter which brand you buy, reliability can vary widely depending on the model of the laptop now i think, buying good car is lot easier than buying a good laptop.

EDIT: ASUS was able to fix the problem and it is working fine after that. I think they replaced my LCD panel. I agree with the other comment the dvd drive is finicky and springs out at unexpected moments funny it doesnt get closed so easily too sometimes its weird.. anyways, apart from that, the splendid utility wont work right, if you login as standard user it needs administrative rights another weird thing. Apart from those few annoyances, if you are persistent with ASUS, I guess they will fix your hardware problems. But its not fun to go thru the ordeal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment