Dell XPS 17 X17L-751ELS 17.3-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver)

Dell XPS 17 X17L-751ELS 17.3-Inch LaptopLove this laptop! It's great looking, feels sturdy, and it runs very quiet. The display is beautiful colors are bright and true to life. I even like the touchpad, which is a first for me. For me, it's just responsive enough without being too sensitive. I have not noticed any issues with it getting hot, but I have only had it for 3 days now.

The backlit keyboard feels great very easy to type on, and it's very helpful when working in a not so brightly lit room. The 2nd generation Core i7 processor is really fast. All my programs and applications are ready to use within a minute or so after I turn on the computer.

I had one minor issue after I finished with all the Windows updates (there were about 50 of them). Every time I shut down the computer, it would restart instead of shutting down. It was getting frustrating, so I did some research online. Some suggested that it was a "hardware issue", but one person suggested that it could be that the BIOS needed to be updated. I went to the Dell website, and there was a BIOS update there, along with several driver updates. I downloaded all the updates, and the restarting problem was gone. It's been smooth sailing ever since.

Aanother plus for me, I originally ordered this model (but without the blueray player) from BB because I liked their financing of 18 months with no interest. I ordered online, because it is not an item they carry in the store. Anyway, the item stayed in process for several days after the estimated arrival date with no progress. As I got more and more impatient, I decided to see if Amazon carried that model, or a similar one. Bottom line is, Amazon offers 24-month financing (even better!). Even though the Amazon price was about $100.00 more than the other store, I only wound up paying $20.00 more for an upgraded model, even though I used 1-day shipping, because Amazon does not charge the sales tax sweet!!

This computer is big, gorgeous, fast, doesn't get hot and the fan isn't noisy. The lighted keyboard is wonderful! I haven't bought a computer in a few years and I didn't even realize that was available.

I needed something for making movies, and the Intel i7 handles it just fine.

Buy Dell XPS 17 X17L-751ELS 17.3-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Now

I love it it's a great machine, works perfectly for gaming and working with heavy CAD data! The 9 cell battery is worth it!

Read Best Reviews of Dell XPS 17 X17L-751ELS 17.3-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Here

One day, I turned it on, and just black screen appears.

All I can see is the cursor sign. I can only run it in safe mode, and I haven't even used it that long.

I'm appalled by how short it lasted..

Want Dell XPS 17 X17L-751ELS 17.3-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Discount?

if you're purchasing this laptop because you think it has 3-D will find yourself disappointed. I purchased this laptop after reading that this laptop had 3-D capabilities. I looked it up online and also saw reviews from other people saying 3-D works great. The person who said that as I now know was not telling the truth. While this laptop may have good features there are better laptops with better features for the same price. The catch of this laptop to me was supposed to be 3D abilities. In the description it stated that it has 3-D capabilities. Upon receiving it I saw a button program that said enable 3-D in the control panel that says 3-D management or setting. I thought great maybe I'm misunderstanding some things that it might've been a bit more difficult for me to set up 3D and I'm not understand what's going on. By the way I purchased the nvidia 3-D wireless glasses the thought maybe just maybe I didn't know what I was doing. My brother suggested that since the laptop that I bought from Amazon that it might still have the Dell warrantee and therefore I called Dell to set up my 3-D. I did so I waited a day and called Dell to help me set up my 3-D.

To My Shock!!! Dell representatives personally told me this computer does not have 3-D. I of course immediately called Amazon. Long story short the word capabilities is deceptive. This laptop can have 3-D if it had the right processor and the right screen which it does not. It may be possible to connect it to a 3-D TV and have 3-D but that's not what I bought it for. The nice people at Amazon quickly understood my problem and immediately issued me a refund following the return of the item. Do not purchase this laptop if you want it to have 3-D already on screen. If you had any doubt to what I'm saying simply called Dell give them the model of this computer and hear it straight from them this computer does not come up equip with the ability to support 3-D as it is now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment