HP Pavilion dv6-6110us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Black)

HP Pavilion dv6-6110us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PCThis laptop is an amazing value for the price. I purchased mine from HP's online store with the following specs:

15" standard screen

Blu-Ray player upgrade

AMD A6 Processor

USB 3.0 included (10x faster than USB 2.0)

HDMI port (for connecting to the modern plasma screens, etc)

The case is very attractive and has a sleek, grey shape.

The cutting-edge AMD "Fusion" processor produces amazingly-smooth graphics (DVDs, Youtube HD videos, Netflix, Hulu, etc). I run complex financial risk simulations on my DV6 laptop, and they complete within seconds. My previous laptop, an Intel Duo Core from Geteway, took minutes to finish the simulations, but this new HP laptop finishes 5x faster!

Naturally, internet browsing is awesome, as web pages seem to open within the blink of an eye. I never realized that an upgraded laptop could make my life so much easier. The laptop is incredibly fast and powerful, yet it produces virtually no heat.

I also watch BluRay movies from a projector connected to my DV6. Again, I have to compliment the amazing graphics capabilities on this laptop; completely smooth video!!

Hulu and Netflix caused my my old Intel Duo-Core laptop to stall and choke, but this new AMD-powered laptop runs completely smoothly on this laptop! If you have broadband internet, you will never see any flickering or missed frames.

At this price, the DV6 is the best value you will find. It runs better and has a better build quality than similar laptops that are usually priced in the $800-$900 range.

I think HP and AMD did a fantastic job with this laptop. I am a very happy customer.

HP sent me a defective screen on my new HP laptop. I requested them to replace the computer and they asked me to take a quick-ship model at a higher price. In addition, I have to pay for it first at a higher price with lower specs!! I asked for the manager and they rejected me saying they are busy.

I have bought 4 HP Pavilions over the last 10 years and this is how they repay me. If there are no problems, I am sure HP is fine. The real problem is if there is something wrong and you are stuck with their customer support. After 10 years, I am going with another brand. I have also spent 80 minutes on the phone with no avail.

I have put a similar comment on their HP website. Do you know they exclude the 1-star and 2-star comments from the consumers?!?! Therefore, I thought it is only fair for the consumers to know. If there is something wrong and you have to deal with their customer support, you will literally get the short-end of the stick. Therefore, you should think twice before purchasing from HP.

I have wasted two days of my life dealing them and now I am investing a full-day going through all the HP e-commerce sites to let the consumers know. Good luck with your purchase with HP.....

Buy HP Pavilion dv6-6110us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Black) Now

I just received this computer today and to tell you the truth it is an awesome computer. The display screen is flawless and just gorgious with its brightness. The updates took less then 1hour so it was pretty fast. The A6 quad core works awesome, this computer can handle anything you throw at it with awesome resolution. The speakers are so loud and sound great. The keys are nice and easy to hit, they're not like some computers which has them hard so you have to press pretty hard to use them but rather this once has it just right.

This 500dollar computer out performs a 800dollar computer any day of the week. If your thinking about purchasing a computer for school, entertainment or just to play some hard core gaming but at a reasonable price, not like those $2000 alienware computer, then this is the computer to buy. You cannot go wrong with this computer. Do Not be afraid of the 1.4ghz processor, its a A6 quad core!!! Thats four cores that work consistenly to keep up with your demand, and the weight of the work is distubited evenly to the four cores so it hardly heats up. Its literaly impossible to hear the fan. Im trying my best to listen to it and it makes almost nooo noise whatsoever.

In Summary, If you want to purchase a great computer that can handle anything you throw at it then look no more and purchase this computer immediately.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dv6-6110us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Black) Here

I purchased this laptop to replace my old Gateway.

The specs of this computer are fantastic!

The 4GB of memory is definitely enough to run most common software. 640GBs of hard drive space is going to take a LONG time to fill.

Unfortunately, the A6-3400M Accelerated Processor isn't at the top of the A6 series, but it will still help you get your tasks done. The higher processors will be found on high-end entertainment machines. I'm still happy with the chipset this laptop comes with!

The AMD Radeon HD 6520G isn't top of the line either, but video quality is still pretty great! As well as gaming, I was able to run World of Warcraft (at high settings), and both Doom 3 and F.E.A.R. at medium settings each.

As far as the way the laptop looks, the glossy black with silver borders looks very classy! Also, I've noticed that it prevents fingerprints on the case. That's a huge plus for me, especially coming from my old laptop which would have my fingerprints EVERYWHERE.

The keyboard looks quite different than you find on most laptops. It's a full-sized keyboard with an island style number pad, which is useful for quick number typing, or whatever else you plan to do. I do have an issue with the keyboard, however: up and down arrows under the right shift key are incredibly small.

The laptop is missing a fingerprint reader, which you can find on the HP DM4 series and higher end DV6s and DV7s. The 6110us doesn't come with integrated Bluetooth either. Something else that a lot of people look for is Beats Audio, which this computer doesn't have. However the built-in Altec Lansing speakers are good stock speakers, which provide decent sound quality and bass.

The Windows 7 Home Premium on this laptop ships with Office 2010 starter, which is nice in some ways. It has Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel, but unfortunately doesn't have all the features as the full version of Office 2010 Home and Student, Home and Business, or Professional. It will do the job if you're just planning on using it for simple tasks.

Aside from the missing features which are found on higher end laptops, this machine has everything I was looking for. I'm a college student and didn't need anything super extravagant. This laptop certainly does the job, and I'm happy with my purchase.

Want HP Pavilion dv6-6110us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Black) Discount?

Got the HP-DV6-6110US after a dissatisfied experience with the Toshiba Satellite L755. Returned the satellite and picked this one up. Has a good build quality. The keyboard layout is a bit strange and needs to get used to. Keys feel a bit sticky compared to my macbook(less then half the price who's complaining). The AMD processor takes care of my needs. Surfing, basic pic editing, word documents,netflix streaming and gaming on onlive. A bit too much of bloatware but easily uninstallable. Most of these cheaper laptops have basic Windows 7 which doesnt let you backup to a wireless network drive. Plenty of connectivity options. Cant beat it at the 449 price I got it at the local staples.

0 comments:

Post a Comment