Samsung NP-RV515-A02US 15.6-Inch Laptop

Samsung NP-RV515-A02US 15.6-Inch LaptopI just purchased one of these laptops yesterday, (1.28.2012). They were on sale at Tiger Direct for $350 + tax. I needed an Home Theater PC and this laptop was recommended to me, (by someone who was really into HTPC's), as a perfect fit for that application. The reason this laptop serves as a great HTPC is because of it's AMD, Dual Core Chip which separates Graphics section from the rest of the chip, it's also got the HDMI port built right into the side, so it's easy to hook up to your big screen LCD or LED. I am a Mac user, owning a Mac Book Pro an iPad and a couple of iPod touches, so generally speaking, I do not like machines with Windows operating systems on them. I have to say though, Windows 7 is a breeze to set up. I didn't have any of the issues that the other reviewer, (Edward Lan) had. The machine started up fine and took me through the setup process effortlessly. Based on Mr. Lan's review, I did not get into letting the operating system update, it did not ask, so I didn't go down that road. I plan on optimizing the machine to use it only as an HTPC, which means I will be stripping most all of the unnecessary programs off of it and it will sit next to the tv. I should note that I purchased the RV515 to replace a Logitech Revue, an Apple TV (2nd Generation) and a Sony BDP-S570, all of which did not provide an acceptable user experience when running the internet into a large LCD. The body of the unit is composed entirely of plastic, (in contrast to Mac which is rigid aluminum), so care needs to be taken when handling it. If you're planning on buying this laptop for a child, it would be great to have a rigid shell to use a cover or exoskeleton. I will probably end up buying a Square Trade warranty to cover it for 3 years. I'm very impressed with the unit, the software and ease of operation so far. As an HTPC, it's a perfect fit.

It is on sale at CompUSA (stores only) this week for $349. Add 8GB ram for only another $20. I am ecstatic this machine is a great value. I gave my iPad to my husband (it's his birthday today). I was not that impressed with the iPad; sure it's a glitzy way to surf the internet but if you have to actually USE a portable computer for anything beyond pleasure you need a REAL computer. The real turning point was when I discovered I couldn't even plug my iPod into the iPad to sync my iTunes? I need USB ports! This PC has 3.

I really appreciate that this PC was bloatware free.

Plus full size quiet keyboard. The Touchpad works similar to touchscreens. (If this was a touchscreen my world would be complete....)

If you buy a MS PC June-Dec 2012 you can upgrade to Win 8 Pro for only $14.99 when it is available.

If you need a new computer and are on a budget you can't go wrong with this one.

Buy Samsung NP-RV515-A02US 15.6-Inch Laptop Now

I love my new laptop. It is easy to use, its on the cheap side as for cost, but still an excellent computer. It came with Microsoft Office Starter, and it works awesome, loads slower than full Office and you have to deal with the advertisements, but great none the less. When my niece saw the laptop and how well it worked for me she asked me to order her one for college and she is very happy with hers also.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung NP-RV515-A02US 15.6-Inch Laptop Here

Super Fast Startup

I'm loving it!

Has very sensitive touchpad that I need to get used to when typing, and I have set up to use a wireless mouse.

Want Samsung NP-RV515-A02US 15.6-Inch Laptop Discount?

I bought this laptop for the price, and got what I paid for. 11 months after purchase the wifi card died. Two weeks later, the HDD crashes. I called Samsung customer support, and was told they don't warranty the wifi card, HDD, or other components because they don't actually manufacture them. Then I'm told I can send it in, and for only $100 they'll diagnose it. For more $$ they'll fix it for me. What a scam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment