Lenovo ThinkPad T60p

Lenovo ThinkPad T60pI am using the T60P using windows XP Pro (today's year is 2012) to write this review using MS OFFICE 2003 and connected to the web via Google Chrome. I have had no issues beyond only one with this Lenovo (IBM) ThinkPad: it is a Centrino Due. A slower processor that I have not found to run hot, and it has not crashed either. All and all it is a good machine. The battery has lasted up 3.5 hours with normal use of MS office and desktop publishing. Not unexpected considering the age of which this computer came out. That also can be solved by purchasing any one of the many extended battery methods on the market. I do not use the Lenovo T60P to travel much away from home, I bought the Lenovo X41 for this and an extended battery that last me a good six hours of MS Office time (the X41 cannot handle desktop publishing but I don't require that when I am away from home--who does?). For me, whatever the subject, it has always been "the right tool for the right job!"

Oh, one more thing if anyone is reading this, I am not a rich man, if I was I would have the latest and greatest computers, one for the road and one for home as now. They still would be a laptop and a notebook computer (of sorts) but they would, most likely, be an Apple Macbook Pro and iPad. They seem to be the best system for my uses and the computer technology of today (imho).

This laptop came with passwords installed. Took me 2 days to make passwords go away and the 'secure' passwords did conflict with fingerprint security software. This machine is still showing as it belongs to the seller. The machine is in good physical condition, however, seller never 'cleaned' past users settings/passwords to set the machine ready for the next user. Windows and thinkpad software was not updated for a long period of time. After I cleaned this clutter and updated the system with windows and thinkpad software, it is finally working as normal. It just runs hot, sometimes very hot. Battery lasts 2-3 hrs depending upon task. Bulging battery pack makes it less portable. I just use it for checking email and surf the web while I am in bed.

Buy Lenovo ThinkPad T60p Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment