Lenovo Y580 15.6-Inch Laptop

Lenovo Y580 15.6-Inch LaptopFirstly, the screen is nice. I wish it was anti-glare. I paid with gift certificates, and this is the closest one Amazon had to what I wanted and the only thing missing is an anti-glare screen. That said, the screen is still pretty nice. I love the solid state part of this hybrid drive. Boot-up takes 15 seconds or so from dead off to the desktop. Also, when surfing the web, the thing stays nice and cool. The JBL speakers are pretty good considering how tiny they are. Build quality... It's no Mac, but it ain't shabby. I like it enough to buy a case for it, which is more than I can say from my last two Dells. A comparable Mac would cost more than $1K more, and the Mac enclosure, nice as it is, ain't worth $1K, nor is Mac OS X, nor the both of them combined. I'm not used to Windows 8 yet, and I feel like MS has more or less jammed their mobile/tablet OS onto a laptop, but that's not Lenovo's fault.

If the specs meet your needs, I think you'll be happy with your purchase. From my perspective, no regrets. My expectations have been exceeded. ANTONLINE doesn't offer a fast shipping option, so I had to wait a week but it did arrive when they said it would. Again, not Lenovo's fault. The machine is Bitchin!

I've only had this laptop for a few days now, but thus far, the performance has been exactly what I've been looking for. The only games I've found that can really put a hurting on this video card, is Saint's Row The Third and ARMA II. I had to set the display down to 1366 instead of full 1080p to get the FPS over 30 again with all the graphic options put to near maximum. Overall, extremely happy with this laptop (despite the fact that Windows 8 is....challenging), fantastic price to performance ratio.

The laptop is very solidly built and the back-lit keyboard is very good looking and easy to type on. Some of the keys are in slightly different places than my Acer, but I attribute that also to the fact that there's a number pad on this laptop, which I didn't have before.

Sound quality is pretty impressive, much better than any laptop that I've had recently and I was taken aback the first time I heard some positional audio from the speakers. This laptop runs impressively cool even with a heavy load. I never saw the GPU spike above 60C and once I shut the game down, dropped down into the 30's quickly.

Windows 8. Not my favorite OS, the touchpad gestures can be extremely annoying. If you are typing and you brush up on the right edge of the trackpad, W8 assumes that you're looking for the charm menu. If you're using the trackpad and you like to use the edges of the trackpad, W8 may train that behavior right out of you. That has been my only frustration with this laptop, and I can't blame that on Lenovo.

Buy Lenovo Y580 15.6-Inch Laptop Now

I just got my laptop on 12/04 from Amazon. Don't bother ordering through Lenovo, because the shipping is glacially slow.

The laptop boots up super fast! It takes about 10-15 seconds to boot. Once you are booted, you are greeted by the Windows 8 start screen, which has some really nice features. The laptop comes with a bit of bloatware, which isn't overwhelming, and is easily removed. The speakers are fantastic! Loud and not tinny at all. The only game I've tested with this laptop is Guild Wars 2, and I was able to run with medium-high settings at 1080p with 50fps. About what I was expecting, and I am very pleased with that. The screen is gorgeous! Everything is crisp, as you would expect from a 1080p screen, and the glossy screen makes colors pop. The only things I dislike so far are the trackpad and the bit of heat. The trackpad is okay, but you'll want an external mouse. The heat is really what you would expect from a laptop with these specs and the ventilation is actually very well laid out.

I would recommend this laptop to someone in a heartbeat. I'll update this review if my opinion changes.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo Y580 15.6-Inch Laptop Here

I needed this laptop in order to edit videos on the go while my main pc was repaired. I ordered this laptop because of it's affordability, speed, and graphics card. It was the first time I would dive into windows 8. After the learning curve and installing adobe master collection CS4, I was ready to go.

After all my software was installed and updated, I experienced a strange glitch. The laptop would freeze for 2 minutes, then unfreeze for 30 seconds, then freeze for two minutes, then unfreeze for another 30 seconds....etc.

I could not figure out why it was doing that and I couldn't make it stop. I made sure to clean for any viruses, and the problem did not persist in safe mode. After calling customer support, they had me deactivate all services that were not windows related just to get it to act smoothly. I guess it might be a Windows 8 bug, not so much a laptop bug.

After that hurdle, I was able to work with almost no issues. Aside from manually re-activating adobe services just to get the application to launch successfully.

The other problem I faced is while on battery, all games that I would play would get smooth...then choppy...then smooth...then choppy. Frames per second went up and down like crazy. This would not happen when plugged in however. I also DID make sure to start the software by right clicking on it and choosing "Play with Nvidia Graphics Processor", so I knew that wasn't the issue. Not a big deal for me though, but it could be annoying if you like to game on the go.

I've had it for about a month, and I'm completely used to Windows 8. Time will allow any annoying problems to be fixed, I'm sure, and then this computer will be more reliable.

I would definitely recommend the purchase.

Want Lenovo Y580 15.6-Inch Laptop Discount?

This is the notebook that I dreamed for long! High performance GeForce 660M graphic card, 8G RAM, 1TB HDD, 15 inch FHD screen. And of course with a reasonable price.

Win 8 system took me some weeks to get familiar with, but it's ok.

The only minor problem is the high temperature on then keyboard when the system is in high load. Hope they can fix it in the new model.

0 comments:

Post a Comment