MSI Computer Corp. Notebook Computer GT70 0ND-219US;9S7-176212-219 17.3-Inch Laptop

MSI Computer Corp. Notebook Computer GT70 0ND-219US;9S7-176212-219 17.3-Inch LaptopPROS: Awesome as advertised! Specs and possibly even the parts blow away most high(er)-end laptops in its class...can't beat it for the price. Was debating this over the Samsung Series 7 Gamer with similar specs and both had similar reviews but MSI performed where it counted the most. Better battery, better cooling, mostly better benchmark tests. A big deciding factor for me was that the older MSI GT70 with GTX660/670 still outperformed and outfeatured the Samsung Series 7 Gamer in most of the benchmarking tests...and this next upgrade to MSI GT70 was only $1850 when I bought it...$30 more that the Samsung at the time.

CONS: My only down was with GPU drivers not the actual laptop itself. I think the drivers are so new not even the supposed "BETA" drivers will work with it. It was almost impossible to find the GTX 675m drivers. NVIDIA recommended I get the drivers from the manufacturer's site. And from what I've found there is only one that works and it is on MSI's website. For some reason when I first looked, MSI, didn't have a "notebook" category in their drivers section. It's not even on NVIDIA's site (this had nothing to do with NVIDIA's forums going down, I checked before there forums got hacked).

My reason for purchase.....

First off, I wanted to get this off my chest because I was planning to build a workstation PC (or a powerful PC) but instead switched to getting a laptop. Being that I'm not a laptop fan, I did extensive weeks of research to find the best laptop I could find for my 3d art/animation and gaming needs. Laptop have always been way overpriced and notebook parts can't even touch the PC counterpart; in terms of performance, cooling, etc. Plus, knowing that this an MSI, helped make my decision because they have a good track record of excellent PC parts. I have been building my own desktop PC's for over 10 years and know you get to enjoy the games and 3d applications the way it was meant to be. Also, I'm in the video game development field and needed a second/backup computer/desktop replacement. My current Intel Q9550/Radeon 5700 1GB/ 8GB DDR2 RAM desktop does the JOB but is getting ancient. I was really thinking about getting a workstation or high-end gaming desktop (which would obviously be way cheaper than the most expensive laptop) but after thinking about it, I liked the idea of having the convenience and portability. And, if my desktop goes belly up one day (as it has been acting up) my work flow pipeline won't take a hit. I wont have to deal with the inconvenience of being in a HOT room with 1000W powersupply... even with air conditioning.

Bought it for my son. the graphics and memory is good for a gaming computer. the keyboard lights up great like a dashboard in some of the cars today. We only have it a month, so far so good.

Buy MSI Computer Corp. Notebook Computer GT70 0ND-219US;9S7-176212-219 17.3-Inch Laptop Now

I like the machine, just had a few issues to deal with on getting used to it. It is different then used to

Read Best Reviews of MSI Computer Corp. Notebook Computer GT70 0ND-219US;9S7-176212-219 17.3-Inch Laptop Here

I got my laptop from tegra tech and it came with a backpack and a mouse the laptop works well I would get this one again if I had the chance

Want MSI Computer Corp. Notebook Computer GT70 0ND-219US;9S7-176212-219 17.3-Inch Laptop Discount?

I originally purchased a Samsumg Gamer. I exchanged the original because it came with Windows 8 which I didn't want and they didn't have software available yet for using the microphone. I then tried the Samsung Gamer with Windows 7. I still had issues with the microphone which worked, but had excessive echo feedback that could not be corrected. In addition there were a number of other small matters such as the power cord coming detached easily.

After a little more research I decided on the MSI. The price for the build I chose was comparable to the Samsung. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and found an extremely solid exterior. There was minimal add-on software which save me the time I would normally use to remove those I wouldn't use. I was up and running in short order. The feel of the keyboard is just stiff enough for a good tactile feel, and I love the backlit keyboard (Samsung had this too). Now I think I will never do without keyboard lighting.

After using it for about a month, I can find little fault in it. Sound is great, performance excellent. The only thing I've noticed is that the gaming performance when on battery is not that good. But I rarely use the PC when gaming, so it's not an issue for me.

If you are thinking of the Samsung Gamer or something similar, you may want to consider this as another choice. I'm really happy with it so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment