IBM T42p ThinkPad 14.1" Notebook Computer - REFURBISHED

IBM T42p ThinkPad 14.1' Notebook Computer - REFURBISHEDI live in the UK, broke my T42p two months ago. I mananged to find a "T42" replacement, got it sent to a friend in Pittsburg who flew over last weekend and brought it to me. I managed to switch the hard drive and recover all my data. However, J&R sent my friend (and I'm typing on) a T40p. Less resolution, less everything. It's too much of a problem to send it back/get it replaced/etc., but I wouldn't trust them to send you what they advertise. I'm fortunate that my T42 hard drive worked on a T40, and that data recovery was the whole point of the purchase. O/w I'd be really pissed.

I bought a used T42 4 years ago, maximized the memory and upsized the HD. These are tough, reliable and long lasting computers and are fast enough for most users, with a big bright screen of high resolution.

Used Thinkpads, especially the IBMs are superb values for those interested in spending wisely, versus spending 3-10x the money for a laptop that will probably need replacing before it.

The T42 has both a trackpoint and the 'pencil eraser' for mouse-type inputs. I find either easy to adjust to. The keyboard will spoil the user, with excellent size and tactile feedback.

XP is an excellent OS, requiring less muscle for the job, so a "slower" laptop actually performs well. I've also found the IBMs surprisingly quicker than the specs led me to expect.. While heavier than some others, that heft ensures longevity with minimal care!

Buy IBM T42p ThinkPad 14.1" Notebook Computer - REFURBISHED Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment