HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultrabook 15t-4000 (Natural Silver); Intel Core i7-3517U, 15.6" FULL HD 10

HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultrabook 15t-4000; Intel Core i7-3517U, 15.6' FULL HD 1080p IPS Touch Screen Display, 756GB via Dual Hard Drives, 12GB RAM, 2 Year Concierge Warranty UpgradeReally like my computer but when I transfered data from old computer hard drive froze. HP was great only took a week to send it back for repair. Then I found they had reversed the two drive making the slower 500GB 7200RPM the Ist operating drive and made the 256GB ssd the second drive which now has the data. This was done by a tect in Houston they said had to send back but would lose all of stuff. You would think they could save my stuff but they didn't want to take the trouble. Love the computer but may never buy any thing from HP again. As one of the people I talked to said they did me a dis-service. I guess.

First, I like the hardware on this pc pretty well. Seems solid and well made to me. Touchpad is a little "sticky" and I find myself struggling to make a selection sometimes. Screen is very nice and easy to read. The problem I have had is with the software configuration. During initial setup, I received a prompt that said this PC came with 2 year subscription to Norton. I'm not a huge fan of Norton but understand they have made good improvements over the last several years. After setup, I get messages saying to activate Norton. The message indicates that my activation code that was pre-loaded on my computer is inaccessible. So I contact Norton. They remote into my computer and say that it looks like files were deleted. They tell me to contact HP. HP also says that files were deleted so they tell me to contact OEM/Eluctronics. So I do and their only response is that Norton was not advertised as part of system. So I start all over again. Norton tells me that it appears OEM may be trying to resell Norton keys. HP says this PC had Norton installed. Unfortunately, my system will not let me uninstall Norton because it prompts me to activate prior to removal. HP says that I can reinstall OS and problem should go away. Will never buy from this vendor again.

Buy HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultrabook 15t-4000 (Natural Silver); Intel Core i7-3517U, 15.6" FULL HD 10 Now

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good posting, im subscribing to your rss. Thanks for sharing a very informative article. Many thanks once more
Dell - 15.6" Inspiron Notebook - 8 GB Memory - 1 TB Hard Drive
Dell - 15.6" Latitude Notebook - 4 GB Memory - 250 GB Hard Drive
Dell - 15.6" Latitude Notebook - 2 GB Memory - 320 GB Hard Drive

Post a Comment