Dell XPS X15L-3357SLV 15-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver)

Dell XPS X15L-3357SLV 15-Inch LaptopNOTE: Windows 8 works fine on this laptop. To install, best to create a Win 8 bootable flash drive. Boot from that, and after formatting the correct partition (be sure to backup data first, if desired), it only takes 9 minutes to go from "Next" to "Personalize" (new install booting for the first time). Yes, only 9 minutes!

How did I even find this computer on Amazon? Navigated to Laptop department, then entered these two words into search box:

7200 hdmi

Then, because I wanted a great value, limited the results to items from Amazon's warehouse deals. Of the 40 or so laptops that came up, this seemed like the best deal.

As my search words suggest, it has a 7200 hard drive and an hdmi port. For me, both of those features are critical. Considering its impressive specs, which include quad-core and usb 3.0, this laptop is very enticing. Price for a new one is currently $1070, but I snagged a "like new" for a mere $700. The only obvious difference between my laptop and new, is that mine shipped in a generic box.

The only negative so far, and it's minor, is that the power adapter is big.

It's infrequent that I desire to use a computer outside my house, but I want that option. But I don't want portability to diminish my computing power while at home, so this laptop is ideal. It's heavier and bulkier than what's preferred for transport, so if portability is your primary reason for a laptop, then don't get this. But if you want a fast space-saving computer, that you can take outside if needed, this model will please you.

Odd sidenote

-------------

When I received this computer, its original product key sticker had been crossed out with a black X, and a second "Refurbished" product key sticker added. I don't see the point of that, considering that I cleared the X using adhesive remover, so now I have an extra Win 7 activation code! Golly!

This computer looks as great as it operates. There are some hiccups but I put all my computers thru the test! I use them on a high processing level for sound and in studio and live performance. I've tried other computers and nothing still performs like a DELL. HP claims that they have the best in audio and computers for music....don't buy that sales pitch. For the home user, it's great, but in the commercial world using windows, DELL is always the best in performance. I tried two different HP with Beats audio....junk! I needed a computer that could perform under very very very heavy audio AND Video processing requests.....at the same time. Like 4 hours of continuous processing the highest quality video and music AT ONCE. NO HP could match the performance of the dells integrated video processor and the i7 dedicated processor. I've always used DELL and have one that is 7 years old and still our performs other NEW Toshiba's, HP's, Lanovo's....anything. if you need to use windows, DELL is going to be the best built with windows to perform this kind of processing.

Buy Dell XPS X15L-3357SLV 15-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Now

I really like this computer, good disk capacity, good memory, good processor, good graphics card. I Recommended with eyes closed

Read Best Reviews of Dell XPS X15L-3357SLV 15-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Here

I purchased the Dell XPS X15L-3357SLV with Windows 7 right before the release of Windows 8 because I didn't want Windows 8. After receiving my machine, I spent a couple of hours on the phone with the Dell technichians just to get the machine operating, particularly on a wireless basis. I then had to purhcase a software assistance package from Dell because I could not get my homenetwork to work with the new compuer. This involved a call of at least three hours before they finally solved the problem. The next day I called back Dell again because the wireless network was extremely week. After another call of 2 to 3 hours, the technicial determined that there were at least 4 major things wrong with the new laptop. He said he could send a prepare person out within two days, but would also try to get permission to replace the machine since he had never seen so many things go wrong on a new machine. To shorten the story, within a couple of weeks I did get a new machine, a model SPS L521X, but it had Windows 8. The technician said if I didn't want Windows 8 they would send me the disks with Windows 7 to install.

Because of the problems I had previously, the tecnician worked with me on setting up the new laptop. The first day, he spent 2 hours with me. The second day, he spent another 2 hours getting my home network to work. After the call, I determined that I could not change files from one computer to another or create a new file on my laptop and save it to my desktop computer. After a three hour call on the third day, they solved my home network problem.

At this point, even though the conversion to Windows 8 is painful, I have decided I would be better off working with Windows 8 rather than running the risk of starting all over on my home network and trying to install Windows 7.

Now after all of this you are probably wondering how I could give this laptop a 4 star rating. Well once the computer got up and running, I think all aspects of it (i.e., operating speed, screen resolution, build quality) or excellent. I guess I may be too easy, but the discount of only 1 start for all my hours on the phone with the technicians is tempered by the fact that the Dell technicians stuck with me the whole time and followed up a couple times after solving the problem to make sure the computer was working.

Want Dell XPS X15L-3357SLV 15-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Discount?

This computer is everything I wanted. 8 gb RAM, 1gb dedicated video memory, it is fast, the speakers are great and I haven't had a single problem with it. The backlit keyboard is great too. The only con is that it only comes with a 6-cell battery, but still it is a great item and it is worth every penny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment