Gateway MT6705 Dual-Core 1.6GHz 1GB 120GB DVD±RW 15.4-Inchwith Windows Vista

Gateway MT6705 Dual-Core 1.6GHz 1GB 120GB DVD±RW 15.4-Inchwith Windows VistaHad mine for over 3 years now and still love it! Only problem I have had to buy a new power cord ever other year or so.

Gateway MT6705 Dual-Core 1.6GHz 1GB 120GB DVD±RW 15.4-Inchwith Windows Vista

I bought a demo unit of this machine in 2007 from an Office Depot, and reinstalled from disc (any legitimate MT6705 -even demo models -came with discs, unlike that of one of the reviewers, apparently).

It has worked flawlessly ever since, other than things I dislike about Vista (had to do serious workarounds to install software that was safe and secure and updated -so there was no reason to use multiple measures to prevent it -but whose developers had not paid a royalty to Microsoft. If you use exclusively software desired my Microsoft, it will install like a dream)

The screen is bright and beautiful, the machine runs fast (probably helped by my adding RAM to arrive at its 2Gig maximum), and I get decent battery life for a machine this size.

In my case, I do not keep the screen at full brightness in order to save power and heat, but it still looks very nice. I use it primarily for Internet access, running programs (C, java, etc.), using the webcam, making CDs.

The only problem I ever had with it is that in its initial configuration, it would yank down the wireless card when you unplugged the unit's power source, and to get it back you have to use hotkeys Fn-F2 (using control panel's networking commands to try to enable/disable wireless did NOT get it working, only the hotkeys did -had to have a friend look them up for me on his computer since I couldn't get online to find out for myself;-) I believe that configuring "power options" in the control panel was what solved this for me.

I have not had the power supply problems. Perhaps my electric supplier has a more clean, regulated power supply, or perhaps it really did help that I have always had it plugged into an APC surge protector instead of directly into a wall outlet.

In 2011 I am still using it.

Buy Gateway MT6705 Dual-Core 1.6GHz 1GB 120GB DVD±RW 15.4-Inchwith Windows Vista Now

We bought a Gateway and Windows got hosed for some reason. We called 1-800-GATEWAY for support. Guess what? If you buy a Gateway anywhere but their website you must call a separate toll number. WTF!? Then we needed to restore it but the restore partition was bad. Had to get the recovery disk. They charged me $20 for a $1 CD-R. Then it wouldn't work, and they wanted to charge me to tell me how to use it. Again WTF? These people are horrible. Save yourself a lot of trouble and get a Mac. Get HP. Get an abacus. Anything but a Gateway.

Read Best Reviews of Gateway MT6705 Dual-Core 1.6GHz 1GB 120GB DVD±RW 15.4-Inchwith Windows Vista Here

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post. Even your whole blog is full of interesting information which is the great sign of a great blogger.

Lenovo - 14" ThinkPad Ultrabook - 8 GB Memory and 256 GB Solid State Drive - Black

Lenovo - 14" ThinkPad Notebook - 4 GB Memory and 128 GB Solid State Drive - Black

Post a Comment