HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop (2.7 GHz AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard

HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6' LaptopI would highly recommend this product. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much with the amount of money I spent on it,and boy, was I surprised. It's nicely built and runs fast. Well done, HP!This is my first Windows 8 PC, it took some time getting used to, but I'm digging the OS so far. Also, I just wanna mention what a bargain it was, it was a whole 30 bucks cheaper than the similar 2210us model which has lower specs. I'm extremely happy with this purchase, worth every penny!

Just ordered, and received this laptop from Amazon. Ordered it on a Sunday morning, and it was sitting at my front door on Tuesday by 11:00 a,m,. Really enjoy my Prime membership. Great job Amazon.

As for the computer itself, I've only had it a few days but it is exactly what I wanted. Not a high performance machine by any stretch but it's no slouch either, A lot of computer for the money. It came with 4GB of RAM and I ordered an additional 4GB memory card which should be in soon and then this machine will be maxed out. Screen view is excellent. Start up is quick after removing some of the crap ware that came with it. After reading all the hate reviews on Windows 8 I was a little leery. Although it is different, I'm beginning to like it. Windows 7 desktop can be brought up easily if desired. Not a gamer or laptop movie viewer so I can't really comment on these aspects. I haven't even tried the optical drive yet; not sure I'll really ever need it. Went 3 1/2 years with the laptop this one replaced and never needed one. I like the looks of it in sparkling black (finger prints will be an issue but easily wiped away). Having the side numeric touch pad is a definite plus on a laptop at this price. This is my sixth HP computer and I 've never had a single issue with the first five which is why I stayed with HP. The only concern I have with this machine, and I might be picky, is that the scrollable mouse pad is very sensitive and can cause you to move you cursor very easily and unexpectedly if touched by accident. I added a wireless mouse to remedy this. For the money I paid I'm a happy camper and see no reason why I can't get many years of enjoyment from the machine

Buy HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop (2.7 GHz AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard Now

When my laptop bit the dust, I scoured the internet for a replacement looking for the best value. I'm retired, and am very frugal with my money. I read reviews, compared specifications, and came down to about 4 laptops. When I realized one of them was the same brand and model that my daughter was using, that made my decision. My daughter's HP Pavilion is several years old, but working great and she shares hers with her 3 children. It's taken a beating, and still performs. My only worry was the new Windows 8 operating system. Other reviews indicated the operating system was difficult to learn and hard to understand. It looked to me like I had no choice. All new laptops were Windows 8.

The laptop was delivered exactly when Amazon said it would be (they are VERY dependable about delivery!). I opened the box, hooked up the laptop and began copying the data from my old computer. I've had the new laptop for only 4 days now, but so far have not found anything to complain about. I love the touch of the keyboard, and really like the numeric keypad. I'm not a fan of the keyboard mouse, preferring to use the traditional mouse instead, but I've been using the keyboard mouse pad occasionally, and find it less sensitive than others I've used. (My main complaint previously was that even when I didn't want the mouse to move, it would move because my sleeve touched it or something else random brushed against it.) This mouse pad is not smooth, it is a little bumpy, which I think makes it easier to use.

And Windows 8? Yes, it's new, a little confusing but even at my old age, I've managed to adapt to it. I know it hasn't even been a week yet, but I am completely satisfied with this purchase, and pleased with the value for my money.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop (2.7 GHz AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard Here

Overall, this is a great laptop, especially at this bargain price. I'll go over point by point the features and their pros and cons so people know what they're getting and if it's right for them.

Appearance and size: The laptop is pretty compact and very lightweight. Really easy to carry around. It's glossy black, which is prone to smudging, but is easily cleaned with a microfiber cloth. The keyboards is a good size. The finger pad for the mouse, however, I find a little too wide, as I find that my hand naturally rests in the area when I'm trying to move the mouse which got a little irritating, but I overcame the problem by watching my hand placement as I work on the PC.

Screen resolution: It's crystal clear for basic things like webpages and pictures. Videos are a little less clear. Not bad, just not as clean as it could be. It is capable of 1080HD.

OS: Since this is a review for the laptop and not the OS, I won't talk to much about Windows 8. I'll just say it is quite easy to get the hang of, and the regular desktop is still easily accessible. The start menu can also be brought back by purchasing and downloading Start8 from Stardock for $5. Another thing I'll say is because Windows 8 was really meant for tablets, default settings make it so you can swipe to access different apps you have open. This is annoying on a laptop, as too fast a move on your mouse pad swipes you to another app. This can be turned off in your settings.

Movies and TV: As I said, videos aren't the cleanest picture they could be, but aren't bad either. A Netflix app is preinstalled on the PC, which I personally love and use all the time. DVDs play about the same as other media. The DVD drive can sometimes be a bit loud.

Gaming: I should note that while this is not intended to be a gaming PC, this should not scare off occasional gamers. The PC is more than capable of handling the preinstalled games, as well as other more involved games. So far, I've played The Sims 3, Portal, Zoo Tycoon, and BioShock with no problems, save for the occasional slow load.

Microsoft Office: The PC comes with Microsoft Office 2010 preinstalled (however you have to purchase the key code). If you, like me, already have Microsoft Office 2007 or an earlier version, these apps will be useless to you. You can still access Microsoft Office in either the desktop mode or the Windows 8 user interface. Just open the ones you installed rather than the preinstalled.

Security: It comes with Norton. Delete Norton. Download your preferred security software.

Overall usability: The first few days I had the laptop, it ran a little slow, but I think that was due to all the file transfers and program downloads I bogged it down with. Also, the PC is equipped with 4GB of RAM, but is upgrade capable up to 8GB. I highly recommend upgrading the RAM to 8GB to max out the PC. After installing the RAM and adjusting the PC setting accordingly, it ran fast and smoothly. The RAM is easy to install yourself. Thanks to the built in air conditioner and CoolSense app, the PC doesn't get hot and stays cool even while plugged in. The PC also has a whopping 750GB of storage space, incredible for the PC's price and size (however it actually translates to 672GB with the OS). The 672GB should last a long time.

Bottom Line: This PC is excellent for the price, and should suit the average user's needs. It's cheap, efficient, and pretty sweet.

Want HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop (2.7 GHz AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard Discount?

This is a likable little computer, but I'd hate to try any really big projects on it. The main problem is that its touchpad is located far left of center, so that a right-handed user tends to contact it on its right edge. But in Windows 8, that edge is (by rights) a very live zone and brings up various screens and overlays which, when you're trying to get something done, you don't want. I say it's live "by rights" because when you want the right edge to bring a screen up, it may or may not respond (possibly depending on the position of the cursor). Beyond this, the user's left hand may also droop onto the screen; if both hands touch, sudden changes of image size are likely ... over and over!

Patience overcomes adversity. Practice makes perfect. Etc., etc. I now know the location of the Escape key much better than ever before. But except for this quirk, the computer has a good feel and is a pleasure to use for light tasks. Weight's ok, appearance is nice, the price is low for what you get. Operation is crisp. Battery life is not bad. It can certainly be recommended, depending on intended use.

By the way, on Windows 8's awkward Start Screen there's no glide or momentum (like on a smart phone or tablet) when you try to scoot from one side to the other using two fingers on the touchpad. I like the navigation keys instead. I can't say whether this is a software issue or a trait of this computer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment