Toshiba Satellite M645-S4118x 14.0" LED Laptop (Black)

Toshiba Satellite M645-S4118x 14.0' LED LaptopThis laptop may be up there in price as far as the superior Windows machines are concerned, but I guarantee that the price is worth it. One won't be receiving the Alienware powerhouses if that be what they're looking for, but the Toshiba M-645 S4118x provides one of the best portable all-around laptops. It easily runs any professional software that one might wish to use, and also runs modern video games with nice framerates should that be an alternate goal. Additionally, the Harman/Kardon speakers combined with the blue-ray playing capability make for a nice mini-theatre experience if one doesn't mind the small screen as I don't. I would highly recommend buying the Hi-capacity lithium 12 cell battery for it just because there's really no reason not to. More battery life means more usefulness.

Now, some might prefer a powerhouse machine, but allow me to put a little perspective into it. Alienware is known for having the most powerful computers on the market, but the cheapest one a person find on Amazon is currently the Alienware M14x AM14X-6557STB at $1350 American. This machine has the same specifications as the Toshiba M-645 with the exception of a higher hard drive RPM and storage space, and more memory. These bonuses don't really do much for being $350 worth. In my opinion, a powerhouse searcher is better off buying the Toshiba M645 and spending the extra that might have been spent on the Alienware on Laptop accessories such as the better battery.

I conclusion, I recommend this machine as a casual gamer and college student, because it allows for standard game playing, and superior Windows functionality without being far too expensive.

I have had this Toshiba m645-s4118x for just over 30 days and I love (most of) it. The Nvidia graphics card screams compared to many other non-customized laptops on the market. I have no problem playing Call of Duty's Modern Warfare 1 with the detail turned max. I can see the charicters' eye brows move. I have MW2 but have not tried it yet on this machine but will update this review when I do.

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars for not including the 12-cell li-ion battery; which it desperately needs to truly be portable. I can surf the web and play music for 8-10 hours on a full charge with the 12-cell batt. Although a full charge can take all night. Windows 7 is such a huge improvement to Vista 32bit. Wireless connectivity is a breeze.

Toshiba's proprietary software really does adversly effect this machines performance. I removed almost all of the Toshiba software that was designed to "monitor" the computer; resulting in faster bootup and freed up resources. I do not like that you cannot dim or shut off the lights for the power button and the "Satellite" logo, they do mess with my eyes at night. But I attacked them with a black Sharpie. I reported that to the Toshiba Cust service to include the dim and off for those lights in the next Bois update.

Overall this machine excells at graphics and overall use. You can see a video review on Cnet.com, just search there for Toshiba Satellite M645-S4118X. They only faulted the useless 6-cell stock battery. Although in the $900 range; most comparible models by other brands were in the $1200+ range. But $900+130 for battery= $1,030, so you be the judge. If you don't need a dedicated video card (GPU) for gaming or heavy graphics design, get this one without it. I've seen this same build 14" Toshiba at Best Buy without the video card in the $500-600 range.

Buy Toshiba Satellite M645-S4118x 14.0" LED Laptop (Black) Now

The laptop is quite expensive for casual PC users, but it is worth it for long-term use and anyone who needs a little extra power. It is not an alienware, but for the price, what were you expecting? The Toshiba M-645 S4118x provides one of the best portable all-around laptops. It easily runs any professional software that one might wish to use. I have used Revit Architecture 2012, and it works fairly well, though I might need to add another 2 gb of ram (comes with 6 gb standard with 8 gb capacity).

It includes all sorts of aspects for anyone needing performance: a Blu-ray player, GeForce GT525M, Wireless-N card, Bluetooth,a USB 3.0 port, and Harmon Kardon Speakers. The Blu-ray drive is decent, but when mirroring to a display unit such as your television, I think Blu-ray content can only be supported on one display (so the movie will not show on your laptop LCD and external display simultaneously). There may be a way around this limitation, but I really do not need that feature. Also, I believe the video card can output external content on a 3D display with Nvidia 3D Vision or other software. I am not sure about the limitations on 3D display models as I have not used this feature yet. The wireless networking card works well. I have not used the USB 3.0 port, but I hear it is super fast. I have to admit the Harmon Kardon speakers are amazing. They are not super loud, but the quality for laptop speakers is excellent.

The laptop comes with some bloatware, but some people may find it useful. The only downside to all this power is the meager battery, which has usually lasted me about 3 hours on normal performance operations. There is an optional battery, but it would have been better to include it in the first place. Another downside is the the lack of gigabit ethernet. I really don't need the feature, but it is useful for home network set-ups for high transfer speeds. There are not enough negatives to lower the rating, though.

I conclusion, I recommend this machine as a casual gamer and college student, because it has great performance for the price. No problems so far, and I hope the laptop will last for awhile.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite M645-S4118x 14.0" LED Laptop (Black) Here

I did not hesitate to buy this great little machine when I was looking for a 14" laptop.

I have the monster 18.4" Qosmio 505 with the works: BD combo, full HD screen, Harmon-Kardon speakers, i5 CPU, backlit keyboard. It is a fantastic machine: fast, gorgeous screen, great sound system. I love it. So, when I saw this laptopm with pretty much the same features in a smaller machine, I went right for it.

Of course, in a 14" screen I didn't feel full HD was required. I don't believe such a thing exists in a machine with this size screen anyway. But I did want the BD, backlit keyboard, and good sound. I knew the Harmon-Kardon speakers to be beautifully engineered and even the smaller versions on this model do not disappoint. They have a good, full-bodied sound, and plenty of volume. I am tired of weak and tinny speakers on a laptop.

The keyboard has a solid feel and the back-lighting is essential for me. The BD combo works beautifully: the Corel software functions as smoothly as any I have seen (despite some dreadful reviews for the separate software). I am used to the Cyberlink and this is just as good, if not better. I have the Corel on both my Toshiba's and find it easy to use, smooth-operating, jerk-free, and with a good, user-friendly menu.

This is not the cheapest laptop on the market in its size range but, considering its features, speed, and quality build, it is still a great value.

Want Toshiba Satellite M645-S4118x 14.0" LED Laptop (Black) Discount?

I bought this Laptop for my brother and he loves it. Of course, it did come with an Xbox so he didn't really get it for gaming; however, that's all he does on it. Between Minecraft, Skyrim, and Fallout: New Vegas, that's all he does on his laptop. Mind you the graphics card can only run the game on Medium settings, he still claims that are better looking than they are on his Xbox. He hasn't had any problems with the laptop other than that the monitor is a little small (14 inches), but I think the smallness is good since he does a lot of moving around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment