HP Pavilion G6-2239DX Quad Core 2.7Ghz 640GB 4GB Windows 8 15.6" Webcam HDMI

HP Pavilion G6-2239DX Quad Core 2.7Ghz 640GB 4GB Windows 8 15.6' Webcam HDMII was skeptical about buying an HP after some of the recent downtrends with the company but they made some major structural changes in the last year and decided to give HP another shot! Let me tell you, they did not disappoint. I love this laptop and at the price Amazon has it for, it cannot be beat. I paid $449 and got it within a few days! Beautiful piece of equipment and it runs very fast! Anyone looking to give HP another shot I recommend to try out this laptop, great specs for the price!

I have owned two HP Pavilions, and been happy with both. My 8 year old one (which had Vista) is starting to get glitchy, so I decided to buy a new one.

I bought one elsewhere, and after going through the wizard that came with it, it would not load Windows, so I returned it.

This one loaded okay, but I absolutely hate the new Windows 8, so I am still using my old computer while I try to figure out how to use the new one.

Windows 8 seems like it was designed for a touch screen rather than a regular mouse, and I guess if you have endless time to mess with it and try to figure out where they hid all the controls, you might enjoy it. I dont.

There is no start button any more, just a start page with tiles constantly flashing things I don't need to know, and most of the controls are hidden around the edges, where you have to hunt for them.

I have used Windows XP and Vista, have an Android tablet and an old Apple laptop, and never had a problem with any of them. I can usually figure out new systems fairly easy, but not this one. I don't know who thought Windows 8 was a good idea, but if I can figure out a way to get rid of it, I will.

*****

Update... I was lucky enough to sit next to a computer programmer on a plane, and he told me about a download that puts a traditional start page on Windows 8 (apparently a lot of people hate the new format). It's called classic shell, and can be found here: http://classicshell.com/ With it the computer is much more usable.

Buy HP Pavilion G6-2239DX Quad Core 2.7Ghz 640GB 4GB Windows 8 15.6" Webcam HDMI Now

I got the refurbished model of this, saves you money and doesn't really make a difference from my experience. My only complaint with the laptop is that there is a lot of bloatware, but that's easily solvable. One important thing to mention is that the title says it's a quad core processor, but it is only dual core. Not that it's that big of a deal, but the A6-4400M is a dual core 2.7GHz processor. It's still pretty solid for the price, and you can always go to eBay to upgrade the processor to an A8 or an A10, both of which are quad core, for about 100 bucks or so. The chiclet-style keyboard is nice, and the speakers are good for a laptop, the battery lasts about 4 hours of continuous, light use, about half that if you're playing games or something more intensive. Windows 8, love it or hate it, runs perfectly fine on this machine. If you can find it, buy the refurbished one from Best Buy though, it costs around 255 bucks after tax and shipping and handling, considerably less than the refurbished one on here, although I was unable to find it on there to review. Anyways, good laptop!

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion G6-2239DX Quad Core 2.7Ghz 640GB 4GB Windows 8 15.6" Webcam HDMI Here

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Found very cool and unique info here in this blog. This is a great addition in my favorite blog list.

Sony - VAIO Fit 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black

Sony - VAIO Pro Ultrabook 11.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Carbon Black

Post a Comment