HP Compaq 5310M, Intel SP9300 Cpu, 13.3 HD Panel, 320GB Hard Drive, Intel, Bluet

HP Compaq 5310M, Intel SP9300 Cpu, 13.3 HD Panel, 320GB Hard Drive, Intel, BluetUpdated 3/11/10

After 4 months of use, I still believe this is a great laptop/notebook for the bucks. I haven't had any issues with this computer at all! I love the slim build, and it's pretty feature rich for the money. And the display is very crisp and clear.

A note about battery life. If you want this system to run 5-7 hours then you need to by the ULV (Ultra Low Voltage) processor version, not the Core 2 Duo. The ULV is designed to extend battery life and conserve power. Make sure you do your research before marking something low for what it's not designed to do.

Some have commented on what this laptop does not have as a reason to give it a bad rating as well (ie. like not having a VGA port or an internal optical drive). Again I say do your research and read the specs! If it doesn't have what you want -don't buy it. It's meant to be light and portable and that's exactly what it is. I carry it EVERYWHERE often, including much travel, and have had no issues. It's well built and doesn't scratch easy. No, it's not a ThinkPad build, but if you want that, then buy a Lenovo, not an HP.

The only criticism I have about this computer is that it collects fingerprints easily. More of an annoyance than anything. If it bugs you too much, buying a laptop skin will take care of this issue.

Finally, if you get a lemon, send it back! This applies no matter the brand of computer.

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with this laptop. I STILL HIGHLY RECOMMEND it -if it fits your needs.

-------------------

First, let me explain my criteria. I was looking for a thin and light full functioning notebook with more power than a netbook (of which I've owned two) and less than $1000 (which was hard to find until now), with an integrated webcame (which most laptops come equipped with nowadays), and that could handle streaming video from sights like Hulu, netflix, etc. HP has gotten the combination just right. With a processor that beats the standard 1+ ghz in a netbook, a large 13.3" matte widescreen, weighing under 4.0lbs, and under a grand, the Probook 5310m is a great buy.

Pros: 2.26ghz processor

13.3" widescreen (1366x768)

2gb Ram expandable to 4gb

Extremely thin

Nice, slim, business look eye catching

Quick access web and email buttons

Matte screen

Chicklet-layout style keyboard

Sturdy and stylish build

Average batter life 4 hours w/ a balanced power setting (and yes, I've tested this!)

Great security software included

Cons: Runs warm (but not hot) when streaming/watching video (most laptops do however)

Fan is sometimes loud

No VGA out port (requires a displayport to VGA adapter)

I've owned the Probook 5310m for just over two weeks now and have used it everyday! Overall, this machine has done exactly what I've needed it to do. The keyboard is very comfortable to type on. The speakers are weak, but that's to be expected. I rarely use the unit speakers any way. The sound is more than sufficient through headphones or connected to my LCD TV.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional and operating multiple screens at a time is a cinch. I've also done video editing on this computer. Although not as snappy as my desktop, the Probook 5310m handled it just fine and without hickups.

The Probook 5310m does not come with an optical (dvd) drive, but thin external drives are avaiable nowadays for around $50 bucks. Since I rarely use a dvd drive I was actually looking for a system without one to keep the weight down.

So, for the money you're paying this notebook is a great package. If it fits your needs, I highly recommend it. BTW, it's great for students and frequent travelers. I did some video and document editing while traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday and found it a very easy experience.

Great buy!

I was looking for thin and light notebook with extended battery life, my options was to get Asus 10-12 hours battery life or Acer TimeLine 7-8 Battery life, I use the notebook usually for web surfing and remote access to my servers. So the processor power or speed not the same priority as the battery life,

I saw this notebook and HP representative assured me that it will run for 6-7 hours, I check HP website and I found the same, so why don't give it a try.

The machine is nice and light, but I was surprised when I tested the battery and found out that it run for only three hours with all the wireless communications and blue tooth switched off and no applications are running. I did the test several times and I get the same results.

I called HP support and the recommended to replace the battery, so I did. The new one it butter than the old one but still runs for 3.5 hours also without wireless of Bluetooth.

Now for the last three weeks and I'm trying with HP support, with lo luck, each time I speak to support eng, I have to explain the situation to him, and I have to convince him that as per HP this notebook should run for 6-7 hours and I have to send him the links to HP website and finally he tell I will get back to you.

Today I was surprised to know that my support case was closed by HP, simply because they don't have answer to.

So if you're looking for extended battery life to get this machine because simply it will not give you what was announced by HP and also to avoid HP support that the only help you will get "I WILL GET BACK TO YOU"

Buy HP Compaq 5310M, Intel SP9300 Cpu, 13.3 HD Panel, 320GB Hard Drive, Intel, Bluet Now

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really nice post, you got great blog and Thank you for sharing This excellently written content. Waiting for next one.

HP - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black Licorice (2c20nr)

HP - ENVY 17.3" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver

Unknown said...

This is one awesome article.Really looking forward to read more. Much obliged.
Visit at Online Big Store

Post a Comment