Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Titan Silver)

Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US 15.6-Inch LaptopI ordered from Amazon's 3rd party seller since it was little cheaper than Amazon LLC.

Came with stock condition which were below descriptions.

Windows 8 64 bit

Core i5 3210m 2.5 Ghz 3.1 Ghz turbo boost [not in power saving mode]

6GB DDR3 1600Mhz [2 + 4 GB]

AMD HD 7730m 2GB Graphics card [External]

Intel HD 4000 Graphics [integrated]

500GB 5400RPM Seagate HDD

Overall, Is it not the high end laptop but it is decent laptop that can handle lots of graphic work & gaming.

Since I hated using Windows 8, I decided to downgrade to Windows 7 [I had OEM CD].

It requires some average knowledge of computers & software but it is not so complicated.

First, I copy the disc into my Samsung 128GB SSD by using recovery mode by pressing F4.

Thankfully, windows 8 provides disc copy mode, so you do not need to buy 3rd party software like acronis... etc.

I boot up with SSD [still in Windows 8] blazzing fast boot up which took about 15 sec, 1 sec to resume.

Windows 8 had this BIOS protection called "UEFI" which blocks user to install other old edition of windows like XP, 7 , vista.

What you do is, get into the BIOS [F2] and go to BIOS area and switch the option into UEFI ENABLED.

Once you done that, now you can boot up from your CD.

I believe everyone know how to install windows 7.. so I skip to performance.

Make sure you download the graphics driver for AMD from SW update otherwise it does not work properly.

In the beginning, I got 4.6 for CPU calculation, so I thought it was defective... [sorry I was dumb].

Later on, I found out that I was missing of graphics driver & in bios power saving mode was on.

I downloaded CCC from AMD put into max performance when it's AC plugged, and in BIOS I also put as maximum performance.

Boot up to the window, window experience index shows 7.1 , 7.5, 5.6, 6.6, 8.1 [calculation, RAM, Graphics, Gaming, SSD]

I tested on Starcraft 2 in ultra mode, which has average FPS of 35 ~ 50 depends on connection.

When it is in HIGH setting, has FPS of 60 ~ 80 which is very smooth!!.

I would recommend this laptop if you want to go back to windows 7, not for windows 8.

On the other hand, Samsung support isn't so helpful over the phone.

I asked them about finding the graphics driver, they found different graphics which never worked on my laptop.

Therefore, I needed to my own research to get the best performance from this machine.

It is well built laptop but without Backlit keyboard but it is great performing machine that handles great on games & some graphics works.

However, make sure you turn off the max performance when you are using battery [I always use laptop with AC on]

Hoply it is reasonable review for this laptop, and sorry about my grammar mistakes [I am not English person].

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted gaming experiences on youtube.Running in ultra mode in starcraft II which is very smooth.

This laptop first off is very sturdy build with a nice sleek looking design. it stays cool during all normal use, and gets mildly warm while gaming on it. 1 review said they had problems with the graphics. I have not had this problem, I just enabled switchable graphics pop to pop up any time something hadn't been assigned for either the hd 4000 or the 7730m and it runs like a charm, i get anywhere between 3-7 hour battery like depending on brightness

Some down sides are there are no indications of whether caps locks or num locks is on or off, but that's not a real deal breaker, and i wish it had a higher resolution for what I paid for.

I like having 4 USB ports, so very useful, but they are a tad difficult to get things in them at first, but now there is not problem.

Some people may not like windows 8, but I love it, while yes it has it's issues, it still has most everything windows 7 has, plus more.

over all, I rate it 5 star laptop. If you want a laptop that can game mildly and do alot more, this is worth every penny I spent on it.

EDIT: well Maybe I spoke to soon, after encountering poor quality in just trying to play league, and samsung announcing they quit windows 8... This laptop is actually a very poor choice with its price tag.

Buy Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Titan Silver) Now

I have this laptop for 6 months already and it works very nice, i play games all the time, it runs games like Metro Last Light on medium graphics, Skyrim runs on high level graphics and Dead Space 3 runs great on high settings.

I switched to windows 7 because i dont like 8, all the drivers are at samsungs web site.

the only thing that i dont like is the hard drive, it is slow, but for the price, the laptop is great.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Titan Silver) Here

It's a great little laptop. You can watch 1080p video files on it, play minecraft on all high settings, and it has 6 hour battery life for low power consuming activities.(like running word,excel,listening to music etc.) it gets about 2 hours battery life for running everything at 100% which is quite good. You'll get even longer if you leave the power presets the way they are. On battery they have processer and graphics limited to 50% power. Of course you can change that if you want like I did, but if battery life is your concern then leave it alone.

Want Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Titan Silver) Discount?

Why do i need to register to get the same old free games I had on my old machine?????????

Otherwise a GREAT MACHINE

RBW

Save 9% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment