Asus K55A-DH51 15.6-Inch Laptop

Asus K55A-DH51 15.6-Inch LaptopFinally, I returned it to J&R Music in NYC today. Thank God, J&R offered 30 days return policy.

J&R tested and found this product defective, so no restock fee charged. During the past 4 weeks, I have experienced the following :

Windows 8 refresh : 3 times

Windows 8 reset : 1 time

Keyboard & Touch pad issue

Frequent random shut-off : this bothered me a lot especially b/c it shuts off all of sudden with no warning.

Asus support wasn't that helpful. If they don't know what to do, it seems they suggest resetting Windows. Personally, I found Windows 8 is not for me. Not very user-friendly, IMO. Now, I will look for better laptop from Lenovo or Toshiba with Windows 7.

I just received this Asus laptop, literally within the past hour, so this review is not on how it works I will give that later. But for those who are in love with the mocha/brown laptops this laptop only appears brown if the sunlight hits it just so. I was torn between brown and a red Asus K55, and I absolutely LOVE my MOCHA Asus Slider Tablet so went with brown, against my daugther's wishes. (The laptop is for me, not her.)

I spent several days researching laptops on amazon and elsewhere, before deciding on this model, which I bought from J&R Cameras and Computers who provided great service and quick delivery. There was an $80 instant rebate at the time and I was able to purchase it for $519. I instantly bought another 4GB memory card as it was highly recommended I get nothing less than 6, with 8 being preferable. I am not a computer geek and rely on my friends who are, but I do use Adobe software products and such for photography and photo editing.

I have had very good experience with Asus customer service and decided to go with the Asus brand again after my HP Pavilion lasted less than 2 yrs before it started having issues with internet which appears to be a common problem from what my husband has learned in trying to resolve the HP issue.

Once I have time to explore this new laptop I will return with an update on satisfaction, other than color.

**********

UPDATE 5/2013 I cannot stand Windows 8. I need to find time to remove it and add on Windows 7. The computer is constantly jumping screens on me. From what I am hearing from others, it is not me, the user, as I figured, but a bug in Windows 8 as many have the same issue. I can't really give a laptop update as I continue to use my old one due to familiarity and ease of use.

Buy Asus K55A-DH51 15.6-Inch Laptop Now

Above all sincerely,

I wonder if this computer comes with a hard drive 7200rpm or 5400rpm as in seen in many web pages that show this team with a 5400rpm disk.

Thanks,

regards

Read Best Reviews of Asus K55A-DH51 15.6-Inch Laptop Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment