Dell Inspiron 15RM i15RM-7412DBK 15-Inch Laptop (Black)

Dell Inspiron 15RM i15RM-7412DBK 15-Inch LaptopI want to first say that I have only had this laptop for 2 days. However, in those 2 days this laptop has already surpassed anything my Toshiba or Lenovo have achieved in a much longer period of time.

Positives:

1. Speed This laptop, with its AMD A-6 quad-core processor(with 4GM Ram), is lighting fast for what I use it for. I mainly do a lot of multi-tasking online. I will have more than 5 tabs open at once most of the time and this processor handles it with ease. Going from web page to web page is a breeze, even on sites that typically are slow in general!

I haven't tried playing games but from what I understand it deals with games/video rather well too. I'll give that a try later...

2. Graphics The HD graphics on this laptop are amazing. I would say they surpass those on my HD television rather easily. The colors are crisp and the detail is amazing.

3. Feel (keyboard, touchpad) I'm still in shock at how nice the touchpad is. It is so smooth and easy to use that it makes me a bit emotional! :). Keyboard is fantastic as well. Only minor issue is I accidently press the wrong key sometimes...keys could have been slightly bigger but not a big deal!

4. Look The laptop itself is very sleek. The lid is nice and can be replaced with other lids. The keyboard has a nice silver lining around it. It is not heavy either.

5. Software The Dell Stage software is one of my favorite things about this laptop. It really is this amazing one-stop place for you to handle your movies, pictures, music, social networks(Facebook), etc. Its very easy to use and pops up as soon as you log into your computer! The amazing HD graphics just make that whole experience even better!

It also comes with Windows 7 Home Premium, the 64-bit version, which is neat.

6. Battery The battery life seems to be decent. I believe I lasted a bit over 3 hours on the battery last night, and still was at 16% ! You can change the Power settings so that when you are on the battery, the laptop conserves power by for example conserving on the screen brightness.

Negatives:

1. Dell and AMD I don't believe this is a big negative but want to mention it. From speaking to Dell, they no longer have a relationship with AMD(in terms of using the AMD processors) so that is why this laptop is NOT on the Dell website. However, they told me there is nothing technically wrong with this laptop and the warranty on it will be honored same as with any other Dell laptop(you can also extend the warranty).

In fact, I believe this might be why it is lower in price than it should be. There is nothing about this laptop that makes me thing its a $500 laptop! It feels like a much more expensive laptop.

2. Using the battery When I set the power settings to conserve battery life, the laptop naturally did not function as quickly. However, the drop off in speed was not extreme...and of course you can change the settings to not conserve battery life.

Conclusion:

I obviously need to use this laptop for more than 2 days. However, in terms of what it is capable of doing, to me this laptop is not a $500 laptop(it was $500 when I bought it). It is very hard to find a laptop with a quad-core processor and 4GM RAM and 640GB Hardrive for this kind of price. I believe that even at $569.99 it is a good value...but maybe it will drop in price again.

Speed This laptop, with its AMD A-6 quad-core processor(with 4gb ram ) is ok for word excell PowerPoint etc. when it comes to using heavy duty software like photoshop, illustrator the computer keeps hanging. It needs a good processor.

Graphic card The HD graphic card on this laptop is average. Graphics run slow for the call of duty game!

Aesthetic I think the inspiron series laptop are one of the very few that look very nice.

The laptop is very elegant. The cover is sweet and can be replaced with other covers

Battery life is decent

Buy Dell Inspiron 15RM i15RM-7412DBK 15-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

I know the review is kind of late, but i got this steal of a deal for $570 back in January. its lightning fast and you can play games on it. I am currently playing fifa13 on it which all the factory spec.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron 15RM i15RM-7412DBK 15-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I was convinced I should buy the "other" type of laptop but my daughter talked me out of it. I got this Dell for 1/2 the price I would have spent on the Apple. I just love it!

Want Dell Inspiron 15RM i15RM-7412DBK 15-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

This laptop was bought to meet a time-sensitive need in the workplace. Buying it through Amazon proved to give more computer for the money and much faster delivery than was available from other sources. It's not the most high-powered laptop, but for a basic machine, it was a very good value and arrived exactly as specified. Very pleased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment