ASUS UX51Vz-XH71 15.6 FHD Ultrabook Intel Core i7-3612QM 2.1GHz 8GB DDR3 256G SSD +256G SSD NVIDIA

ASUS UX51Vz-XH71 15.6 FHD Ultrabook Intel Core i7-3612QM 2.1GHz 8GB DDR3 256G SSD +256G SSD NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Bluetooth Windows 8 Profession-64Bit Silver AluminumCons: The computer is much heavier than expected, the sound out port is a tiny proprietary plug that only takes the Asus speaker unit (I have not been able to find any adapter units so I can hook it to my external speaker system on the desk), performance is fine but not blazing. The absolute worst feature is that it comes with Windows 8 installed. What an awful Operating System! Any busienss that buys a computer with Windows 8 will regret it from the first time their employee turns it on.. none of my networked scanners are supported, some of my online sites are incompatible with the new Internet Explorer version, etc. I am buying a new license for Windows 7 so I can remove Windows 8 from this computer... resulting in another $400 Microsoft extracts from my company.

But any one of my Sony VAIO computers can beat it for performance and, of course, none of the Sonys have Windows 8. Overall if you want to play games and have the OS act like a virus and take control of your screen at the most inopportune times, then buy this one. If not, then find a different computer without Windows 8!

Pros: The computer has a nice keyboard, and a decent display.

0 comments:

Post a Comment