Samsung 15.6" AMD Dual-Core 500GB HDD Notebook

Samsung 15.6' AMD Dual-Core 500GB HDD NotebookGot this on sale for $400. For that price, it's a great laptop. Has USB3, HDMI port, Bluetooth, great display, light weight (compared to laptop I replaced), basically all the features most people would want. Windows 8 is a problem for many but there are Windows 7 start menus available by 3rd party's (google startisback) including one for download right from Samsung to make it act exactly like Windows 7. Silly to downgrade to Windows 7 as others have suggested when you can make it work exactly the same without loosing any of Windows 8 features you may eventually learn to use.

I have since upgraded the memory it comes with (4gb) to (8gb). You must replace both modules, not just add but the memory is inexpensive. I also replaced the HD with an SSD I was using in my older laptop. This laptop now is crazy fast. Total bootup time is maybe 30 seconds. So if you can get this on sale and make the 2 upgrades I suggested, you'll have a quality, full feature, well built and very fast laptop for an inexpensive cost. Samsung makes quality products with support software built in.

Well worth the investment.

Good product:

Pro's:

-Cheap

-powerhouse for the price

-not the best laptop on the market, but the build quality is fine for the price.

-For this price it seems this is one of the best choice around.

-Good battery life, about 5-6 hours. I can take it to all my classes and still have a little juice left at the end of the day.

Cons:

-Keyboard mimics Macbook keyboard but fails, Keys are rounded squares and spaced far apart. As a normal sized male (5'8" 140) I feel these keys are too small for me, It's like they copied apple but shrunk the keys and failed.

-Windows 8 (I hate windows 8), very frustrating operating system, and windows 8 doesn't allow for downgrading back to 7.

-bloatware from Samsung (removable)

Overall if your fine with Windows 8, and can use the keyboard, this is the laptop for you in this price range. There are acer and asus models around the same price with similiar specs (one even has a slightly better GPU) but I'm gonna stick with samsung

Buy Samsung 15.6" AMD Dual-Core 500GB HDD Notebook Now

It's got plenty of power for any reasonable non-gaming functions. It's very frustrating that they force Windows 8 on you. I also purchased a copy of windows 7 and installed that instead. Adds to the price though.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung 15.6" AMD Dual-Core 500GB HDD Notebook Here

I really like the computer, it is alot faster than my old one. What I don't like is windows 8. It is very frustraiting to use and at times has a mind of its own putting up pages I don't want. I have a computer geek friend and am going to see if he can remove windows 8 and put in windows 7. Overall the computer itself is great.

Want Samsung 15.6" AMD Dual-Core 500GB HDD Notebook Discount?

Laptop was intended as a gift and is definitely great value for money. Fantastic visual display. Overall pleased with the price and shipping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment