ASUS N56VM-TB71 15.6" Core i7 8GB/750GB Laptop

ASUS N56VM-TB71 15.6' Core i7 8GB/750GB LaptopI did some research for about a month to find the perfect laptop for light, pretty casual gaming (Guild Wars 2, Sims 3, Skyrim etc) and would be semi-future proof. For me, the N56VM-TB71 more than fits the bill. Once I reformatted and did a clean install of Windows 7 Professional and reinstalled drivers, it runs like a dream.

PROS

+Back-lit keyboard

+Very reasonable price (I got it when it was on sale for $899)

+Reliable brand with great warranty

+Next gen i7 processor

+8 GB ram

+750GB 7200 rpm HDD

+1920 x 1080 resolution

+multi-gesture support for trackpad

+FOUR USB 3.0 ports

+keyboard similar to MBP, no bending at all and it's a joy to type on

+speakers are AWESOME for a laptop. way more than I expected. also it came with a little subwoofer that you can plug in, which wasn't mentioned anywhere, but that was an added benefit. adds a nice touch of bass.

CONS

-a bit on the heavy side (but given the specs this is sort of unavoidable)

-a lot of bloatware

-doing clean install was a bit of a pain and when I emailed ASUS for support, it took them five days to respond when they claimed they would get to it within 48 hours. I fixed the problem way before they got to me.

-the drivers CD wouldn't work properly when trying to install them (resolved this by just going to the ASUS website and downloading each one individually)

-couldn't get the Bluetooth to sync with my headset even after installing and reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, but it did sync with things like my phone. ***EDIT*** turns out the atheros drivers were the problem, so I uninstalled those and only installed the intel bluetooth drivers

-I don't care for the way the optical drive opens; it feels cheap to me. I prefer slot-load, but this is minor and nit picky at best.

Overall, the pros definitely outweigh the cons and suffice it to say I am elated with my purchase.

You are not going to find a better deal for a laptop on the internet for this price range and for these specs. I just bought this laptop for video editing and I couldn't be more pleased. I7 quad core, 1080p screen, 2gb GPU, 750 HDD 7200rpm. I'd challenge anyone to find a laptop like this for a similar price. You won't. I've tried for days. There are no cons to this computer. Asus makes a fantastic and durable product that I applaud unyielding.

Buy ASUS N56VM-TB71 15.6" Core i7 8GB/750GB Laptop Now

I received my ASUS as a gift from my grandparents and didn't really know the brand. I was skeptical that it would meet my demands for gaming as well as on the road with me for work. I have to say that this computer has more than exceeded any expectations that I had about it. My gaming ability is MUCH better than my Dell XPS 420 (with added RAM and vid card upgrades and dual 2TB hard drives) and I am able to play for long periods of time without the laptop overheating. It has a long battery life and great security features like face recognition. I am VERY impressed by what my ASUS can do! I am currently selling a second one that my grandparents purchased for my cousin. He wasn't even interested in looking at it if it wasn't a brand name. It's his loss!

Read Best Reviews of ASUS N56VM-TB71 15.6" Core i7 8GB/750GB Laptop Here

Let me start this review by saying that this laptop is SOOO much better than i expected. The screen really is beautiful and the second I took it out of the box and turned it on i knew everything would be good. this laptop is good for gaming but if you want a gaming laptop go with the n56vz, it has a much faster gpu. the core i7 really makes this thing scream. chrome opens up in less than a second and things install at least 10 times as fast as my old dell inspiron. the boot times are great, it boots in 25 seconds and the instant on feature really does make it turn on in two seconds when you suspend your laptop. now for the pros and cons

Pros:

*wonderful screen

*great trackpad once it has been worn down a little

#fast i7

*decent gpu

*decent hard drive

*great build quality

*backlit keyboard

*and instant key

Cons:

*battery life is a bit short

*large for a 15 inch laptop, I actually thought they sent me a 17 inch when i first took it out of the box

*and absolutely MASSIVE power supply which makes using sleeve cases impossible.

overall this laptop really truly is great.

*you must press fn or else the brightness, sound etc wont be adjustable i almost returned the laptop untill i found this out

Want ASUS N56VM-TB71 15.6" Core i7 8GB/750GB Laptop Discount?

I love this computer. It has a ton of space, it works so quickly and it was easy to set up! (It didn't have too much "extra" software tacked on for me to delete either.) The speakers are fantastic and super loud which was something I was looking for specifically in my new laptop. It's basically like having a mac but better and with a Windows operating system. I am 100% satisfied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment