Lenovo Ideapad G560 0679-4TU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

Lenovo Ideapad G560 0679-4TU 15.6-Inch LaptopWhen I sold computers in the 80's, I used to tell customers do the following: Make a big cross on a piece of paper. Mark the First box APPLICATION, the Second box PRICE, the Third box FEATURES and the Fourth Box I Forget (Hey, the 80's were 30 years ago and I've killed off half my brain cells since then in partying!!!). Under APPLICATION, I wrote BUSINESS COMPUTER (hvy typing, business powerpoint graphics presentations, hvy internet surfing) and Music Downloads). Under Price I went C-H-E-A-P (sub $600.00) as I had recently lost my job through my whistleblowing efforts. Under Features, I demanded a GOOD touchType keyboard as the 'deal killer' (NO CHICKLET KeyBoard for me!!!), a 15.6" LED Screen, 4GB Ram (DDR3's) 320GB HD and an INTEL Core i5 processor (because I wanted a system I could use, abuse and throw away after FIVE YEARS). I left the Fourth Box Blank (although I could have put SOFTWARE as in WIN 7 64bit OPSYS) in memorium to my dead brain cells.

The LENOVO (Ex IBM) G560 Essentials is the KING of the throw away Business Computers and I would recommend it STRONGLY for all HS/College Students/Business Professionals as a CHEAP but Great Computer.

STRENGHTS: C-H-E-A-P!!! Although it retails for $699.00 list, I paid $549.00 for mine at a Brick & Mortar Electronics store. If you pay more than $600.00 for it, you've been ripped off!!!

CPU: Intel Corei5-450 Dual Core with Hyperthreading. FYI, Intel only makes one chip, the Core-i7. It sells broken/detuned Corei7 chips as Corei5s and Corei3s. Don't buy the Corei3 chips as they will be obsolete two years after you take the computer home. Hold out for a Corei5 machine.

RAM: 4GB DDR3s---can be upped to 8GB but you have to throw away the perfectly good twin banked 2GB sticks. I say up yer RAM in 2.5 years when prices drop

CHIPSET: The extremely mediocre HM57. If a CPU is analogious to a car's engine, the CHIPSET is analogious to the transmission---it doesn't matter if you have a SuperCharged 640 BHP engine if you can't get your tranny out of 2D Gear!!!

KEYBOARD/Screen. Keyboard is THE BEST on the market and the 15.6" LED screen is very good. This sold the machine for me. I also liked Aluminum wristpad=a nice tactile feel for what is a soft, flimsy 'plastically' computer.

BATTY MGT: Battery (LiON) is good at approximately 3hrs typing mode or 1.5hrs game mode

HD: 320GB This is the Absolute minumum you should accept. Don't spend more $ for more space now that External 1Tetrabyte drives are going for $69.00 each and 2T externals are going for under $100.00

Features: 2 USBs, 1 eSATAp port (use this for external HD hook-up) and a HDMI port (which is wasteful as the graphics can't handle HD/BlueRay resolution).

Weaknesses: THIS IS NOT A GAMING PLATFORM!!! The HM57 Chipset is bad enough but when coupled with Intel's integrated HD Graphics card (one step up from its wretched 4500 integrated graphics card), it barely reproduces VGA graphics, let alone HD stuff. HP makes a good BlueRay ready computer with dedicated graphics card which will cream this computer BUT the keyboard sucks!!!

SOUND: SUCKS---the sound quality from my Sprint phone sounds better!!! So What? Ever hear of HEADPHONES? A stand alone computer amp with integrated sub/Pre-amp? I N-E-V-E-R take my computer out anywhere without my TRAVELPRO rolling suiter which has room for my joystick and my computer amp. NOTHING freaks fellow travelers out when I start running over screaming/cursing pedestrians or lobbing molotov cocktails at screaming gangbangers in GTA Vice City (an ancient 2002 game).

RECOMMENDATION: A GREAT SCHOOL/Business THROW AWAY Sub $600.00 Notebook. It is thin, modern looking and types great. I H-A-T-E computers because they age like a carton of milk. Take home a $2,000.00 desktop replacement laptop and SIXTEEN DAYS LATER, a better computer at 1/2 the price will be for sale---thus invalidating your buying decision, your mental soundness, your manhood. I paid $549.00 for mine so when the price drops to nothing or something better hits the market, I can shrugg "Whattya want---I bought a throw away computer for $549.00 and I already got my money's worth outta it". A Core i5 for $549? BUY IT, USE IT, THROW IT AWAY!

Good laptop according to its price ($700). Very fast, cool and not so heavy. The problem is the mouse pad, it is a nigthmare, I'm using a mouse without problems.

Buy Lenovo Ideapad G560 0679-4TU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

I bought this laptop primarily to use in a mobile recording setup with a firewire interface. The computer didn't come with too much bloatware, but I still removed it none the less. I like the fact that it has an eSata/USB combo port on it, HDMI and an express slot for my firewire card. I can stream 26 channels of digital audio to my DAW from my firewire recording interface without a glitch. I also hook it up to my main 42" tv and stream Netflix and the picture and sound are fantastic. I was a little concerned that it used integrated video instead of an add-on video card, since this usually translates into poor video and overall system performance. Kudos to Intel as this is not the case! For under 700 bucks this was a great value.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo Ideapad G560 0679-4TU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

The Ideapad has a very comfortable keyboard and stands up to daily use. The screen size is greatI do a lot of photo processing, and have watched movies on it. I've never had a problem and would buy a Lenovo again. The Veriface feature doesn't seem to work consistently but I don't need it, anyway.

Want Lenovo Ideapad G560 0679-4TU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

Warning.!

This company liars and crooks.

Everything is going good buy and get the product to be a problem and should be returned.

Name begins with problems and no one to talk to.

And they say all kinds of stories.

Be careful of them!!

There is no one to talk to after you buy their phone number that Google comes straight to voicemail.

I would not recommend buying at those crooks.

Save 18% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment