X53U-XR2,BLACK,15.6 HD (1366 768),AMD E350,4G DDR3,HD 4250,320G 5400,SUPER Multi

X53U-XR2,BLACK,15.6 HD,AMD E350,4G DDR3,HD 4250,320G 5400,SUPER MultiBeing a current and very happy owner of an ASUS Netbook ASUS Eee PC 1001PXD-MU17-WT 10.1-Inch Netbook (White) I thought this would make a nice gift for my brother who just moved 300 miles from me so we could keep in touch by Skype. Before I let him have it, I spent a few days using it and getting it set up and making sure everything worked. I like this so much it's now on my wish list for ME.

My first dilemma is whether to call this a notebook or a netbook because of the processor being more similar to what is found in a netbook. It's like a netbook processor-wise, but larger like a notebook.

Build-quality seems to be very good to excellent my only complaint is the CD/DVD drawer seems flimsy when opening/closing, but I am very careful with it. Even while closed, this note/netbook looks good with the dark espresso brown exterior and a lot of it seems to be made of aluminum. It's lightweight (under 6 lbs. with the battery installed), and has a power-saving feature so the 6 cell battery gets pretty close to 5 hours of battery life like the specifications state. The touch-pad is very responsive, although I prefer using a mouse. There are 3 USB 2.0 ports.

Even though the 1.6 GHz speed is on the slow side (after all this is a fairly inexpensive PC) having 4 GB of RAM is more than enough for internet, Word and Excel functions, email, and it has better graphics than my smaller netbook has. In addition, this has an internal DVD drive, unlike my Asus Netbook. For just a little more money over what you'd spend on the 10" model, you get it all with this.

Asus puts a lot of bloatware on this, which is easily uninstalled. Set-up was very easy and this comes with Windows 7 Home Premium, in addition to Microsoft Word and Excel which are NOT trial versions they are full-featured but you do have to put up with some small ads to use Word and Excel. It also comes with 6 months of TrendMicro anti-virus, which I uninstalled and went with Avast Free instead.

Asus has included Altec Lansing stereo speakers but like all other notebook speakers, these are average and could use more power, but sound much better than my smaller netbook's speakers.

Comes with chiclet keyboard, wireless 802.11 b/g/n, 4-in-1 card reader, 3 USB ports, 1 VGA port, 1 DVI port, microphone jack, headphone jack, RJ45 LAN jack and even a HDMI port so this can be attached to your HDTV.

The keyboard also has the 10-key numeric keypad to the right, like full size keyboards have.

CON: My only complaint is the web cam, being 0.3 MP, it has bad video quality. It's good enough to see the person when you're Skypeing, but I sure wouldn't make a YouTube video using it. But since I/we were looking for a budget full-size computer and even though the 0.3 MP web cam doesn't quite cut it for me, it's good enough since I already know what my brother looks like. It is what it is, and if you're looking for a high def web cam, either don't choose this computer or add an external cam.

Worth more than it costs, faster than I expected, is very friendly and so the need is perfect! good cost product

Buy X53U-XR2,BLACK,15.6 HD (1366 768),AMD E350,4G DDR3,HD 4250,320G 5400,SUPER Multi Now

This unit was purchased as a gift and he loves it.Thinking about one for myself. Shipping did send the wrong color but offered a credit which was acceptable. Answered all emails even during the super Christmas rush season.

A very good computer for the price point.

Read Best Reviews of X53U-XR2,BLACK,15.6 HD (1366 768),AMD E350,4G DDR3,HD 4250,320G 5400,SUPER Multi Here

I hesitated buying this because I had a problem finding reviews. But I bought it any way because the price was good. I'm really glad I did. I use this as a 2nd computer for when I go to the lake on weekends so I only use it for word processing, photo editing, watch DVDs, etc. This notebook is perfect for my needs. Love the keyboard and the screen. Downloading movies is easy and look great. Very nice viewing area for a notebook. I will upgrade to 8 GB of memory for the photo editing, but other than that I love it. I do agree with the 1st review about the DVD drive. Touch pad is real sensitive buttons are a bit loud when clicked, but I prefer a mouse, so not an issue for me. It's really a beautiful notebook. Love the mocha color.

Want X53U-XR2,BLACK,15.6 HD (1366 768),AMD E350,4G DDR3,HD 4250,320G 5400,SUPER Multi Discount?

It is so slow with so many problems. The screen is often becoming furry and stretched if I use it to do scanning. It takes about 10 times longer to boot up to compare with my old ones. I could not type to search after using it to shop online. The list can go on for more that I have wanted to drop on a hard floor to destroy it for so many times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment