ASUS P43E-XH51 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop

ASUS P43E-XH51 LaptopI am enjoying my first month with the Asus laptop. My previous laptop was an HP Pavilion 15.5 inch glossy screen. I really like the matte screen of the Asus. As far as screen size, I debated going with the Asus 15.6 vs the 14.1 and decided the 14.1 would be better, given the lower screen resolution. I am totally fine with this decision. I am also very happy with the lightweight laptop and battery life with the standard 6 cell battery. No doubt helped by the smaller screen real estate, I am getting a legitimate 5 hours of use. This is compared to my old HP with a 12 cell battery (heavy) and getting only 2.5 hours.

Also, the wifi is excellent as far as speed maintained and range. I can easily get 25 feet away from my modem, through several walls and still get 80% of the highest speed that I would get standing next to my modem.

Another plus is this laptop runs cool to the touch. No more singed thighs. And the "ice cool" technology also keeps the palm rest comfortable.

My only two concerns with the Asus are keyboard related. The keys are less contoured than I would like, so it is slightly easier to mistype. Having a little more space between them would be helpful. Also, the Caps Lock key (as well as the other keys) lacks an LED indicator. This could have been done and I would gladly have paid more for it. These are minor complaints and would not keep me from recommending this unit. Now, as to longevity...we shall see.

5/4/12 update: I need to downgrade from 4 stars to 2 stars. ASUS product support is virtually non-existent. Sent an email in to product support and it took six days to get a reply. Website is in English, somewhat. Went on to live chat today for support. Nobody came online for almost thirty minutes. Then a message appeared which said "engineers are busy, click here for support site". So I clicked there and another message came up: "Bad request". So, I next called someone who tried to help but suggested I call back the next day to get an RMA. I asked for my case number and he said he can't give me one as they were having problems with their software!

I still like the laptop, but with non-support like this, I will not buy another product from ASUS.

5/10/12 update 2: Actually contacted by ASUS rep after seeing this post. I like that they are willing to make improvements. People just want to know that the company they buy a product from will actually care enough to support that product and improve satisfaction. Upgraded from two stars to three stars. I still like the laptop and am liking ASUS more, thanks to Tien.

Writing this review on this laptop right now:

After some basic research on RAM, processors, etc., I decided to take a risk on this one (at the time of purchase, this had 2 stars). It had all the specs I was looking for (examples include: 2+ ghz, i5 core, reputable brand, upgradable ram, decent graphics card, icecool tech) for a very low price.

Contrary to a previous reviewer, it worked right out of the box for me.

It only took me an hour to see how much superior it was to my old laptop (an HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx). It's lighter/more comfortable, faster, has better graphics/sound, and doesn't try to burn me. Then again, the HP is at least 2-3 years old, versus ~3 months.

I agree with a previous review on the annoying lack of LED indicator, but for the price, I'm willing to live without it. Although setting up the laptop with the Number Lock on was definitely something I'd rather not repeat.

Now bear in mind, I've had this laptop for a VERY short amount of time, so I can't say much for durability other than it feels sturdy. If I run into any issues, I'll try to remember to update this review. I'll also try to update in a few months to update how well it takes my abuse as a college student.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the laptop! I'm not the most knowledgeable about computers, but I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

Buy ASUS P43E-XH51 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop Now

Actually.. The computer was a dud! But the company was great to deal with. They shipped same day and sent the package overnight because I was leaving the country and needed it with me. That was amazing! Then, it wasn't their fault that the computer was having problems and would reboot constantly and display windows error messages and try to reboot in safe mode and I hardly had any software on it at all. I had my IT department walk through technical issues with ASUS and when the problems could not be resolved, Adorama sent me the UPS labels and issued a full credit to my card! Computer = bad.. Adorama = GREAT!

Read Best Reviews of ASUS P43E-XH51 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop Here

As designed for professional use this laptop works very well,it feels very solid and high quality. I am very happy with it and I can recommend it to anyone.

Want ASUS P43E-XH51 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop Discount?

Just got the Computer today to use for business and the screen won't turn on. Tried the Fn keys to see if the display was turned off. Hooked an external monitor to it and it worked fine. Tried different settings with the external monitor plugged in but the computer would not recognize its own display. Hopefully I can get a new one fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment