ASUS UX UX21E-XH71 11.6-Inch Laptop

ASUS UX UX21E-XH71 11.6-Inch LaptopI've had the Asus ZenBook 11.6" with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, going on 3 months now. This computer takes a great leap backwards with its terribly designed keyboard. I needed a replacement for my old slow small laptop for a business where time is of the essence. The Zenbook keyboard is a typist's worst nightmare. Feel is horrible, accuracy is shot and worst of all, I'm delayed with most if not all my tasks. When I connect this computer to a monitor and keyboard while at home, it's awesome. I work with several applications in and out of the VPN. But when on the road and without the peripherals, I have to slow down and concentrate. Otherwise, I've moved or deleted text; moved the curser to gosh knows where; switched the screen or webpage; or sometimes I've almost turned the computer off. Who was the genius who put the power button adjacent to both the delete and backspace keys??

The key board and touch pad on this computer are almost unusable. I have disabled the touch pad and use a mouse. Would not buy another ASUS product.

Buy ASUS UX UX21E-XH71 11.6-Inch Laptop Now

I am generally pleased with the performance and speed, especially at start-up. It is nearly as fast as it was advertised. However, there are several downfalls to this product:

(1) Opening the lid is rather difficult due to the very small lip available for finger-lifting.

(2) The touch pad mouse is overly sensitive, requiring a lot of "chasing and erasing" time to correct pop-ups, etc created by an inadvertent touch of the finger.

(3) The battery life as received fresh from the supplier was barely 2:30 hrs not what the adverts said...

(4) The hard drive does make a whooshing sound not too annoying, but always there in the background none the less.

(5) There was some sort of incompatibility of the installed Windows 7 with the Outlook 2010 I was already using and when I transferred my Outlook 2010 to this ASUS, Internet Explorer would not work normally, to the point that I was forced to downloading Mozilla Firefox as my default browser. The Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 (with Explorer) combination worked fine without any problems for over 2 years on my former laptop.

(6) The Intel Core i7 processor is satisfactory and seems to perform as expected. My former laptop, a Sony VAIO VPCX11S1E had finally failed me because of the single Intel processor it had.

(7) Finally, despite the fact that the order originated from Europe, the product was shipped with a US type plug, requiring a bulky plug-adapter to be used, whenever the laptop is now plugged in.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS UX UX21E-XH71 11.6-Inch Laptop Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment