ASUS K52F-C1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown)

ASUS K52F-C1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment LaptopJust got the K52F yesterday. I'm using it for school and some movie viewing. I mostly run Office apps, surf the web, and play with Linux. I don't game on my laptops at all so I can't say anything about that. The screen looks great, nice and bright. The touchpad seems to work flawlessly, I've had no problems. It comes with tons of bloatware, but don't they all anymore? None the less, it uninstalled easily enough. It also includes a driver CD, so you could wipe it and do a fresh install if you were so inclined. I just removed the bloat and did the anytime upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate.

My real complaint is the keyboard. It works fine and I have no problem typing on it. It is VERY flimsy though. I was really disappointed by this. I always heard ASUS made quality laptops but this keyboard is cheap. If you pressed anything in the top-right corner of the keyboard (the END key for instance), it would move a LOT and make a "clakky" sound. I popped the keyboard and noticed there were no supports under it at all. The clips hold it down but not all they way down, so it flexes a lot. I made some "supports" out of electrical tape (temporary until I find something more suitable), nothing more than small pads really. That made it more rigid and now I'm happy with it. I still have one area that moves a bit, but I'll fix that when I find something better to support it with.

If you're thinking about getting this laptop, that is probably be the only thing that will bother you. It does seem solidly built...other than the KB.

1 comments:

health insurance broker said...

insurance agency near me is a well-reputed platform that has been providing multiple insurances to those who have big plans.

Post a Comment