Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7190 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black Widow Styling in Diamond-Textured Aluminum)

Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7190 17.3-Inch LaptopLove this laptop, lots of cool and handy features, such as sleep & charge and sleep & music and runs all my programs fast and to a high quality.

The screen and sound quality is also amazing, I have yet to need to use the sound output above 50%, just to show how loud the sound can go!

One issue I have had so far is that during a relatively low graphically demanding game I get a black rectangle on the floor and I have yet to find a solution to correct this issue. If it wasn't for that problem (And the fact Windows is still not to the same level as Windows 7 in my opinion) I would probably have given the laptop a five star rating.

This was my 5th Toshiba Laptop between me and my family but will definitely be my last. Bought it customized from Toshiba Direct. It worked for about a month, and failed. They directed me to take it personally to their authorized service center for fastest service. It sat for a month waiting for a part that didn't fix it and now they are waiting for a new hard drive that they estimate will take 6 WEEKS to deliver. When I called support they told me that it would be faster if I go pick it up and mail it back to them (with no commitment on what "faster" means). They offer no explanation of why it would take 6 weeks for a new hard-drive. Also the warranty continues to expire while the unit sits in their hands. (It is warranted from purchase date only)

I asked for my money back. After 2 weeks they come back with an offer of store credit to Toshiba Direct because they don't give refunds. They only want to credit the purchase price so I would need to eat about $200 in sales tax and shipping on the original and another $200 when I use my credit. They explained to me that this was a great favor as they were not depreciated the value of the computer for the one month that I was apparently honored to have it work for me.

So the only choice I get from Toshiba are take a credit and get another Toshiba craptop eating the shipping and tax charges 2 twice or wait until they fix the one I have with no guarantee of how long it will take while my warranty ticks away.

Here are some other fun facts they won't give me anything in writing about my options won't send me an email. You also can't send them emails. Strikes me a little odd a computer company won't take an email. Nothing in writing appears to be their policy.

Buy Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7190 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black Widow Styling in Diamond-Textured Aluminum) Now

I am a super-geek. I want a laptop with a big screen, big memory capacity and the ability to have 2 hard drives. The memory capacity of this laptop is 32GB which is really nice! Also, you can have 2 hard drives in this baby! I think the memory on the video is 2GB? I'm sold. The only question left is how easy it it to install Windows 7/8 and have the drivers ready to go without hassle. Also It is very important how easy it is to upgrade the hardware on this model (increase memory, change hard drives). I'm still researching but if the answer to the questions I have are "Yes, the drivers are easy to install and Yes, the hardware is easy to upgrade them i'm going to get 2 of these....*Update: (1 hour later) I downloaded the User Guide for this model to find out more about the 2nd Hard drive installation and it was no help AT ALL. I called Toshiba and the guy on the phone told me that I would have to take the Laptop to a dealer/repair shop to install the 2nd hard drive. I told him that I am a tech and that it should not be that hard to add a 2nd drive. Also, my decision to purchase this laptop is based on how easy it is to upgrade... He gave me this site link: [link removed by Amazon? search for Qosmio Hard Drive upgrade] and WOW! This laptop has now become a dream come true! The images show you how easy this laptop is to upgrade (if you already know how to upgrade laptops) I am supersold on this and will buy two of them when they become available. I won't be able to report on how easy the drivers are to install until I get them. *Update: June 6, 2013: I got the Qosmio 875-Q7190 and it is still me dream laptop BUT #1 CD/DVD Discs don't cost much these days When I spend this much on something I want EVERYTHING that comes with it, especially all of the software. I shouldn't have to read a manual or search the internet to find out that I need to make my own discs from the laptop; and "restore" discs at that! Shame on any company that won't spend $1 or $2 to make sure their PC/laptop is shipped with all the discs. # 2 the power connection to this laptop is not sturdy there should be a latch or something I am a tech and I have worked on some Toshiba laptops and I was not impressed by how flimsy the power cable connects to the units I will send a note to toshiba about this this laptop is NOT Far from perfection. #3 There is NO HARD DRIVE LED on the unit.. can you believe this ?! I wonder who made that decision? Hard drive leds hve been a standard since 1985, and that fact that it is missing on this unit is NOT an improvement. #4 and the worst part: Windows 8 was pre-installed I had no choice Well guess what? There is no flexibility here for me, Windows 8 is just a re-masked, more cumbersome version of Windows 7. Also I CAN'T USE THIS COPY OF WINDOWS 8 ON ANY OTHER PC EVER. So I purchased Windows 8, but I got the "OEM" version so I can't delete it from this laptop and use it somewhere else. BUT...If I purchased Windows 8 in a store i could do that. Do I feel cheated?.. Ya Think? Also, no Windows 8 serial.. If I upgrade to Windows 8 Pro do I have to call someone to get it? Hmmmm...I still love this hardware but I hate it when companies do things on the cheap Sorry Toshiba, but not including the software discs makes you cheap. Lack of the HD LED is a design mistake. If Toshiba had done any market testing with this design I think that everyone who gave a review would write "Where is the Hard drive light?" Love ya Toshiba but you still have some work to do. This product is so close to perfection....

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7190 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black Widow Styling in Diamond-Textured Aluminum) Here

I'd like to start off this review by saying that I previously have only owned Dell laptops of off the shelf quality (no gaming specs). This is the first gaming laptop I have purchased, and so far it has met or exceeded my expectations, for a laptop. Games run well on it, even at full configs, and the graphics are nice, overall just a good experience. My only two minor issues with it are Windows 8 and that it runs hot when you play a demanding game. Windows 8, definitely seems designed for touch pads and I do not know why they didn't redesign a version for a "normal" pc (non-touch). But that's not the product's fault, that's on MS. The issue with running hot is really not a big deal, it is just because of the fan's exhaust being pointed out to where your right hand would be holding a mouse, it can get warm. I was able to mitigate this greatly by purchasing one of those laptop fan desk things.

So my recommendations for this are experiement with Windows 8, or reformat to an older OS and purchase an external fan for the laptop. All in all, I would recommend this laptop to someone on a lower budget that maybe cannot afford a high end model.

Want Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7190 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black Widow Styling in Diamond-Textured Aluminum) Discount?

I've had two or three HP laptops in the past which I loved but they ran very hot. So far this Toshiba runs cool and fast. The only things I don't really care for are the textured aluminum case.... it seems to collect dust and crumbs, etc, more easily than a smooth aluminum case .... and its weight. It seems heavier than my last HP which was the same size. This is not a convenient laptop for traveling, although I do take it with me, but it is heavy and bulky to carry around. It is a great laptop replacement! The other problems I'm having are Windows 8 related. Windows 8 is really designed for touch-pad computers...I wish I had known that . I may have looked into getting a touch-pad laptop instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment