eMachines EMD528-2496 Laptop Computer with Windows 7

eMachines EMD528-2496 Laptop Computer with Windows 7This laptop was on sale at Bestbuy for $200 plus tax. While this laptop is the lowest end laptop that you are going to get and they do cut corners, it does have some good features. I am surprised that this laptop has webcam, sd card reader and HDMI.

The feel of 'cheapness' is apparent by the construction of the laptop, but keyboard and trackpad is okay. This laptop also has only 1 speaker and this speaker doesn't produce a very loud sound. This laptop only has a 4 cell battery and the battery life lasts about 2 hours. The matte screen doesn't have a good viewing angle.

The laptop has 1 2gb ddr3 memory which should be enough for your needs, but you can upgrade it to as much as 8gb of ram as this laptop supports 4gb sodimms. Be warned though, this laptop doesn't have a memory 'panel' as you have to remove 24 screws on the back panel if you want to upgrade. The celeron 925 cpu is about 2 generations behind the current lot of cpu. The good news is that this laptop supports .45 micron core2duo and pentium cpus which is available in ebay for cheap. I brought the intel pentium t4200 for less than $10. Upgrading the cpu does give the laptop acceptable performance.

I got this laptop on special from Best Buy for $199. I looked online and I found that the processor is a standard socket P CPU so found a T6400 CPU on ebay for $15 and I also got 4 GB of DDR3 RAM on Newegg for $14 and replaced the Celeron CPU and the 2 gb of ram, so now I have a really nice and fast dual core laptop for a total investment of $228 (plus tax). MUCH better than a stupid netbook which are selling for $250 and up and they dont have the bigger screen, usually come with 1-2 gb of ram and a slower processor (even slower than the celeron processor that came with this). My only complaint is that the laptop feels cheap (well, it actually is cheap)the plastic they used for the casing feels really thin and breakable so I wouldn't give this laptop to a kid.

Buy eMachines EMD528-2496 Laptop Computer with Windows 7 Now

This laptop is a great deal. I got it for my Wife after her Netbook bit the dust and she absolutely loves it. It started up fast, not a ton of pre installed junk with the exception of Norton Trial, but I quickly uninstalled it and put on MSE. Windows 7 is nice and over all the computer is quick and perfect for your average user (Skype, Youtube, MSN and Whatnot) I read a lot of reviews that people felt the plastic seemed cheap, but I disagree. I think it's actually quite nice. Plus the unit overall is far cooler and lighter than my Gateway that is the same size. I kinda want one for myself now, hehe.

Read Best Reviews of eMachines EMD528-2496 Laptop Computer with Windows 7 Here

For my needs this laptop is fine. I just use it for online shopping and web browsing. However, after only a few days of using it several of the keys on the keyboard started acting up. Sometimes they would work sometimes they wouldn't. I called customer support and they had me send it in for repair. Apparently when they received it the keys worked for them so they just sent it back saying it was working.

Of course it was not fixed, so I started having the same issues with the keys not working periodically. Again I called customer service and they had me resend it to them and told me they would replace the keyboard. I just got it back and for now it is working properly, so I am finally able to use it.

I do have a HP laptop that is about 3 years old that I only paid $300 for that I think has a better feel to it than this one, so I probably would not buy this brand again due to the fact that is does feel cheaply made and I'm afraid it won't last. For the price though it does what I need it to and it is nice to have an extra laptop for the family to use.

Want eMachines EMD528-2496 Laptop Computer with Windows 7 Discount?

I really like my laptop. It just sucks that it arrived and only 1 of the speakers worked, they did give me a $20 credit for that. The computer did arrive quickly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment