HP ENVY x2 11t-g000 Tablet Notebook PC

HP ENVY x2 11t-g000 Tablet Notebook PCI pre-ordered the HP Envy X2 from HP Direct. I have purchased lot of DM4's for most of our sales staff and been happy with the quality, performance and price. I was concerned about the crazy things going on at HP lately. I wanted an ultrabook for travel but I didn't like the early versions that HP had come out with. I was researching the Asus and Lenovo but nothing ever struck me to buy. Then, I read about the upcoming X2 Hybrid. This thing is everything I wanted: small, fantastic battery life, snappy performance, and touch screen. It came in earlier than expected so I was able to take it with me on a business trip. It's good that it did, because I had time on the plane to learn how to navigate in Windows 8. I highly recommend using the "Getting Started" tutorial and the "Windows 8 Cheats Keys" Apps. It got me up to speed and now I see where Microsoft was headed with this. Back to the Envy, this is by far the nicest product I have every purchased from HP. It is truly incredible. The construction is beautiful, and it doesn't even get hot on your lap. AGAIN, the battery life is INSANE because you get a battery in the tablet and the base. In the first day, I literally had 4 different people ask about it when they would see me use the touch screen on a laptop. It was hilarious when I would show how the screen detaches into a tablet, lots of WOW and OOOH! I used it for an entire 3 hour flight and only ate up 15% of the total battery. You do the math ... that is awesome.

Regardless of just the cool factor, this thing is a great multifunctional tool. I have all the features of an iPad, but the power of a business PC. Most of the apps I use like Evernote, Netflix, Skype, Shazam, Youtube, Facebook etc are already in the App Store. One bummer is that I'd really like to have my banking App too. I'm sure the number of apps will grow rapidly. I loaded MS Office and even a CAD reader to view 3D renderings. It works flawlessly.

Any review that doesn't glow about this thing must be a bipolar Apple/Mac user.

I have had my Envy X2 since it was released in December. I purchased it directly from HP. It is a beautifully designed laptop/tablet hybrid with only a few issues, most of which are not in anyway the product of HP or its design team.

The size and weight of the computer are perfect for traveling with the computer. The hinge release design and overall build quality far exceeds those of comparable products (Asus and Samsung ATIV). IT has two usb slots, an HDMI connection, and a SD card reader built into the keyboard dock. The tablet has a Micro SD card reader that will increase the overall storage up to 64GB. This is an excellent feature given the unit comes with only 64GB and over half of it is taken up by Windows and the recovery partition. The keyboard dock also houses a separate battery and separate CPU, so when the tablet is docked, the battery and CPU in the keyboard power the unit. When it is not docked, it runs off the battery and CPU in the tablet casing itself. Overall sound quality is decent, but nothing to write home about. It lacks bass completely.

The Intel atom chip is a vast improvement over the prior chip that bared its name and was found in almost every netbook previously. The processor will allow you to run multiple apps and is responsive in basic programs such as Office. It is not a gaming system and it will not give you the performance required to run most major games. Also, the graphics chip is the Intel chip based on the Power VR design (arm design) so it does not support Direct X, which is another reason this machine is not meant for gaming. For business use and school use, this machine is ideally suited.

The wireless chip is a major design flaw, albeit an Intel one. The nature of the Atom chip is a SOC (sytem on a chip design). It is this design that allows for the 14 plus hour battery life on this system. To accomplish this all of the components are built in to system chip and the chip regulates power usage to a minimum. As a result, the wireless card is not capable of handling speeds over 65mbps. Despite being a wireless N design, it will never come close to 300 mbps of wireless N. It is a single antenna design, despite its multiband capability. It is designed this way to maximize power. However, since the computer does not have an Ethernet connection, this is some what of a drawback if you have a high speed internet connection or need to move large amounts of data over a wireless network. My Fios connection is 75 down and 35 up and I cannot achieve my maximum speed on this device. This feature is shared on all Intel Atom designs, including the Samsung ATIV 500 and the Asus equivalent. The manufacturers conveniently leave this fact out of their spec sheets and websites. It is a trade off for the battery life, but it something that prospective buyers should aware of when looking at this system.

The memory is sufficent for most everyday apps and it will allow multiple programs to be open in the background, as long as the programs are not memory intensive, such as Photoshop or video editing.

The Touchpad has some issues as well, and hopefully a fix will come via a driver update in the future. It will stop responding for no apparent reason, especially if the computer is left sitting for awhile.

The only other drawback is the stylus. At this point it still has not been released, and HP does not have a release date. This is one of the major reasons I purchased the computer. Also, according to the manual, the stylus is an Atmel stylus instead of WACOM. This means that you will only get 512 levels of pressure at most and it could be as little as 256. This will limit the stylus to basic handwriting and editing tasks. If you are looking to do graphic design or heavy photo retouching, this is not the stylus based computer for you.

Overall, this is an excellent system for the money and it will allow you to run legacy windows programs in addition to Windows RT software from the app store. It is apparent that HP put some real thought and design into the system. The fact that the system comes with the keyboard dock is also an added plus to help justify the slightly higher cost. The overall build quality is far superior to the Samsung ATIV and ASUS, both of which are made of plastic components.

As long as you know that this is not a powerhouse computer for gaming or heavy photo and video editing, you can't go wrong with this computer.

Buy HP ENVY x2 11t-g000 Tablet Notebook PC Now

Great Concept. It's a laptop when I want it to be and tablet when I need it to be. I have full access to all my windows applications and a growing table app marketplace to support the tablet environment.

About the hardware: Snappy performance, very light-weight. Expandable (Micro and standard Secure Digital card slots); 1 on the tablet and one on the base. Extremely long battery life (2 batteries). The screen resolution is very good and clear from a wide range of angles. Let's be clear, this is no retina display, but it is a high resolution In-Plane Switching panel.

The tablet is extremely light and comfortable in my hands. The volume and power buttons are easily accessible and in the right spots. The "detach" mechanism for the tablet and base is intuitive and easy thanks to the integrated guide magnets.

The Beats audio sounds great and requires no intervention.

Out of the box:

Out of the box the unit was charged and ready for use. Windows 8 setup was quick and easy, however there were many updates that needed to be downloaded for the OS and pre-installed apps.

Minor issue:

CameraI'd like to see better camera/video apps

Metro InterfaceSome things still seem to work better with a keyboard/mouse rather than a touch interface. We will have to see how that comes along.

Read Best Reviews of HP ENVY x2 11t-g000 Tablet Notebook PC Here

This PC is great, all I expected from it, I highly recommend this PC for personal use, the screen and detachable tablet is a great idea!!

Want HP ENVY x2 11t-g000 Tablet Notebook PC Discount?

I needed a new notebook for school, I waited for this and suffered thru my last semester without a good notebook. It was totally worth the wait. This is the notebook/tablet I have wanted for at least 2 years.

This has the battery power, the features, and a solid build for school and work. It is portable enough to toss in my backpack for school and powerful enough to get work done while traveling.

It did not come with a stylus pen, so I'll need to figure out what pen to get for this.

Save 33% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment