Sony VAIO VGN-NW120J/S 15.5-Inch Laptop - Silver

Sony VAIO VGN-NW120J/S 15.5-Inch Laptop - SilverThis is a nice looking laptop and I like the design.

As for speed and performance, it's a lot faster than my old Dell so no complaints.

I'm motivated to review the touchpad here because to be honest it's driving me crazy. It's not a smooth touchpad you'll see from the photos that there is a slight texturing to it. I didn't think it would be a problem but my fingertips no matter how light or hard I press don't move smoothly over it in any direction but downwards. They catch and start-stop. It's so frustrating I went back to the dealer and we tried cutting a plastic iPhone cover down to size and affixing it over the touchpad but it didn't stick very well. Sadly I'm contemplating returning it which would be such a shame.

I don't mind using a USB mouse but still I encourage anyone thinking of going with this particular design to really give the touchpad a try. Maybe it's just me, but ... ugh.

Nice product in a very good value. My only disappointment was the battery duration. I never could get up to 5 hours as described in the product especification. Battery lasts for as much as 2 hours. Consider in your budget a long duration (6-9 cell) extra battery.

Buy Sony VAIO VGN-NW120J/S 15.5-Inch Laptop - Silver Now

I do not like the bumpy, textured touchpad my finger catches frequently even with the lightest pressure and it is simply unpleasant to the touch, especially during long hours of use. The experience is obnoxious enough that I am considering getting rid of this laptop after only a few days!

Battery life is only ~2 hrs, not 5 as advertised.

Otherwise, the laptop is fast and attractive.

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO VGN-NW120J/S 15.5-Inch Laptop - Silver Here

I have nothing but good things to say about this computer. It runs fast and has everything on here that I need and more. Everyone else review has said it all in regards to good things. The only negative I agree with is battery life but for all the good that comes with this... I can deal with that.

Want Sony VAIO VGN-NW120J/S 15.5-Inch Laptop - Silver Discount?

Though my Sony laptop has been dependable, I will never buy a Sony again. Sony has no automatic updates for software, hardware or drivers. They do not even have all of the Sony models listed, including the model that I own. They say that you can sign onto their site to see what if any updates might be available for your model, but if your model is not listed, then it is difficult to get to that site. Even if you do get to a comparable site, the updates that are listed tend to be generic updates that are applicable to a wide range of models. When I asked them which updates I should download, they said I should download the updates that fix any problems I am having. That is fine for serious problems because I actually know that I have them, but that advice does nothing for those subliminal problems that do not crash a program, but merely slow down the computer function. I am just a moderately savvy computer user, so Sonys might be great for the advanced computer user. Otherwise I would suggest that you look for a brand that gives better automated support if your computer knowlege ranges from limited to moderate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment